GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The new EQT V2.51 Maps

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I did. Been on EQT for more than a year now. I also like EQT for the tech support, community, and continued improvement and revisions.
Right. Stupid question on my part - I meant, was the switch worth it, I'd need to buy COBB plus tune, so around $1000CAD. Is the switch worth $1000 CAD?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Right. Stupid question on my part - I meant, was the switch worth it, I'd need to buy COBB plus tune, so around $1000CAD. Is the switch worth $1000 CAD?
Very subjective question. I'm keeping the car for a while, was worth it for me. You can get an AP for less if it's used.

nefario90

Passed Driver's Ed
Soooo I’ve driven the car considerably more since my last post, and I’m not sure if I got used to the new throttle sensitivity or if the car has learned my driving style, but it’s been really smooth lately. No lurching or hesitation anymore besides the normal DSG behavior (which I’ve learned to overcome too). Really happy with the tune, best one to date in my book

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Just updated to the latest file, and I too feel the throttle to be smoother when in D. I have the DSG tune as well. Oh and oil temps are down too! It was 93F here in GA this week and my oil temp didn't hover above 208F for the most part.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I'm not sure if it's throttle sensitivity or what, but I do kinda feel like somethin is goin on with first now. It's just not that consistent anymore. I'm not sure if it's hesitating a little bit, or if that's just me backing off the throttle a little bit. It's almost like releasing the throttle is what's not consistent. Backing off the throttle very slightly is jerkier than going WOT and letting off the throttle quickly, and that's something I've only noticed in first. Sometimes I get that little jerk right after I begin accelerating that a lot of people experience even on a stock tune, but then it's almost like I feel it a 2nd time around 2500-2800 rpms and then a second later I'm shifting, and it makes for a not so great first gear.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Hmm, do I get a revision with my older custom tune?

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I emailed Ed with that question and received a new custom tune with the changes made.
Haven't flashed it yet.
Good to know, thanks J.