GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mini splash guard for rear bumper from Škoda Octavia

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
Hi, does anyone tried to fit those mini splash mud guards (officially called cross panels) for rear bumper from Škoda Octavia Mk3 to a Golf Mk7? I would like to reduce spray and dirt on my Mk7.5 variant (Station/Sport wagon…or how you call it out of home market). Numbers are 5E0807837B9B9 and 5E0807838B9B9 (for each side different piece) with price around 10 euros without VAT according to Etka – not really cheap for a tiny piece of plastic. It should fit both chassis types (liftback and combi) post 2017 so there could be a chance that it could fit also on brother Golf. Any experience with that?

Btw. I saw it also on some other Škoda cars and several Daimlers.

Attachments

• nástavec.JPG
    nástavec.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Those are only fitted to cars where the wheels stick out more & therefore the bodywork doesn't cover the wheel as per the regulations.

If your wheels don't stick out much & you have the VW mudflaps fitted there is no more you can do.....except for fitting the rear window side fins...!

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
I have genuine wheels so according to regulation, winter set with marginally smaller ET but it still do not towers out of the wheel arches. Not sure why Škoda would produce a special part for non-authorized modification.

I don’t have mudflaps and don’t want it. Too ugly for me and front ones caused excessive corrosion on my previous car’s fender (genuine, fitted by a dealer). Rear ones are fitted to plastic bumper but fitting just the rear ones would be too backward.

Side fins – I have them. It reduces spray for D pillar area and keeps the dirt on the trunk door window. I want to reduce spray also on lower sides of the bumper but not sure whether the dirt comes from under the car or from side of wheels.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I have genuine wheels so according to regulation, winter set with marginally smaller ET but it still do not towers out of the wheel arches. Not sure why Škoda would produce a special part for non-authorized modification.

Skoda alloys do stick out slightly on the Octavia VRS on the bigger diameter wheels options....& under certain load conditions...

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
Yep, they do have a lot of improvements/solutions. They call it simply clever. But expansion is unlikely as their profitability is second best in the VAG after Porsche which it PITA for VW heads.

The petrol Octavia RS wagen of the previous generation used to be one of the best value for money in terms of new cars sold in the EU.
The new electric Enyaq SUV is also great but the price tag is not acceptable for me...plus disastrous lack of charging stations in my home country (and of Škoda)

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Hi, does anyone tried to fit those mini splash mud guards (officially called cross panels) for rear bumper from Škoda Octavia Mk3 to a Golf Mk7? I would like to reduce spray and dirt on my Mk7.5 variant (Station/Sport wagon…or how you call it out of home market). Numbers are 5E0807837B9B9 and 5E0807838B9B9 (for each side different piece) with price around 10 euros without VAT according to Etka – not really cheap for a tiny piece of plastic. It should fit both chassis types (liftback and combi) post 2017 so there could be a chance that it could fit also on brother Golf. Any experience with that?

Btw. I saw it also on some other Škoda cars and several Daimlers.
The MK8 Golf has these as well. Possibly these will fit as well? Are they actually functional, or a regulation item?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
European regulation item. From center of wheel 30degree to the front and 50degree to the rear wheel and tire must be completely covered from body/bumper.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
European regulation item. From center of wheel 30degree to the front and 50degree to the rear wheel and tire must be completely covered from body/bumper.
I learned something new. Thanks!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
So even for India and not only for wicked Brussels clerks 😊

…a friend of mine is developing VAG engines for Indian market and said that regulations are far easier than those in the EU.