GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
How about the FACT that 80% of COVID deaths are obese people? Why aren't we addressing the literal elephants in the room???

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
How about the FACT that 80% of COVID deaths are obese people? Why aren't we addressing the literally elephants in the room???

1618326604411.png

The same concept. When the majority of your population is obese, the majority of deaths are going to occur in obese people.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Maybe it's because those scientists didn't halt J&J, politicians did. Out of 14 million doses, 7 women on birth control developed blood clots, none died. A well known long standing adverse affect of birth control is blood clots, with smokers having a much higher risk, which is still very small. 1 in 1000 Covid 19 patients die.
Any sources on if the affected people were on birth control? I only saw that they were all women, aged 18-48. Nothing yet about if it's related to birth control.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Again, so far. We don't have complete data. I think you're too hung up on winning an argument and that's probably more important to you in this situation than my personal health. No offense.
Not at all, what data are you waiting for? Do you think that blood clots aren't being reported? Do you have any experience in how medical data is collected and sent to CDC? It makes up a majority of my day the last year.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Any sources on if the affected people were on birth control? I only saw that they were all women, aged 18-48. Nothing yet about if it's related to birth control.
I haven't seen confirmation they were all on BC, that's not a required question on the vaccination forms, so It'll have to be correlated with medical records, but due to the sex and age group, the general consensus is that if there is a link, BC is the most likely cause.

But, it could also be complete coincidence, because it's still a significantly lower rate of blood clots than the general population.

cb1111

That we know about so far. Apparently it was a big enough deal to stop distribution.
I just got off the telcon with CDC/FDA. In short, this is a testament to how well our system works. Every vaccine/medication/food can have an adverse effect on some part of the population, but how we deal with evaluating the reports, taking a pause to figure out what may be going on, is what gives us the safest food/medicine system in the world.

Specifically on J&J - aside from those people that were affected (and it still needs to be determined if the vaccine played a role - or how much of a role it played) - it is much ado about nothing.

If you're not on birth control or taking meds for a rare blood condition, then you have little to worry about. If you've gotten the vaccine and have not had a reaction in a couple of days, the you'll be fine too.

Remember that the J&J and Astra Zeneca vaccines work in similar ways and the CDC will be reviewing both. The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines have very few side effects.

Get vaccinated if you can.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
very vaccine/medication/food can have an adverse effect on some part of the population, but how we deal with evaluating the reports, taking a pause to figure out what may be going on, is what gives us the safest food/medicine system in the world.
I think this scares me, yes it's an effective model... but it turns people into statistics. I acknowledge that it is probably the most effective way of solving the problem, but at the same time it's terrifying. It's a very impersonal managerial decision that has to be made and it makes sense... but still.

I am able to work from home full time, have my groceries delivered to my vehicle, and social distance all I want. I don't see a reason why I shouldn't continue doing this while the vaccine is figured out via beta testing.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I think this scares me, yes it's an effective model... but it turns people into statistics. I acknowledge that it is probably the most effective way of solving the problem, but at the same time it's terrifying. It's a very impersonal managerial decision that has to be made and it makes sense... but still.

I am able to work from home full time, have my groceries delivered to my vehicle, and social distance all I want. I don't see a reason why I shouldn't continue doing this while the vaccine is figured out via beta testing.
If that's terrifying, wait until I tell how dangerous driving is.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
If that's terrifying, wait until I tell how dangerous driving is.
Seems like you're only here to mock people at this point. In regard to your analogy, I can also choose where and when I drive to maximize safety. If I want, I can choose to only drive at a specific times, or avoid interstate/highway travel. When I travel, I plan my trips and do research. I look at the route on a map weeks ahead of time when it's time to go on vacation.

The simple explanation here is these are all things I can control, and at the very least plan ahead for maximizing safety. Yes, I may get hit by a drunk driver and killed one day, but at the very least it won't be because I stepped out into traffic. I like to avoid unknown risks when possible, and if things continue at their current pace that may include participating in a drug trial.

Earlier you said the politicians were to blame for the J&J drama, but after doing my research, it seems to be multiple doctors at the CDC halting it. Another example of why it's so important to look out for your own best interest.

No one is up in arms about how dangerous lightning is...
We usually just watch the weather and avoid going out in thunderstorms. Not really an equal analogy, since no one is asking you to take that risk.

I think I'm gonna dip out of this thread, seems to be emotionally driven more than anything else.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Seems like you're only here to mock people at this point. In regard to your analogy, I can also choose where and when I drive to maximize safety. If I want, I can choose to only drive at a specific times, or avoid interstate/highway travel. When I travel, I plan my trips and do research. I look at the route on a map weeks ahead of time when it's time to go on vacation.

The simple explanation here is these are all things I can control, and at the very least plan ahead for maximizing safety. Yes, I may get hit by a drunk driver and killed one day, but at the very least it won't be because I stepped out into traffic. I like to avoid unknown risks when possible, and if things continue at their current pace that may include participating in a drug trial.

Earlier you said the politicians were to blame for the J&J drama, but after doing my research, it seems to be multiple doctors at the CDC halting it. Another example of why it's so important to look out for your own best interest.

We usually just watch the weather and avoid going out in thunderstorms. Not really an equal analogy, since no one is asking you to take that risk.

I think I'm gonna dip out of this thread, seems to be emotionally driven more than anything else.
I think you're just missing 2500 pages of context. Zrick plays this game where he pretends covid isn't dangerous by using made up statistics and understating the risks, then cries about how dangerous vaccines are despite the fact that they are statistically much safer. Then we point that out and make ridiculous comparisons to mock him. There, now you're up to speed, join in the fun game!

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
"I think I'm gonna dip out of this thread, seems to be emotionally driven more than anything else."

yeah...this. The majority of us post for fun. If you are looking for facts they are posted here but think wheat/chaff

Mud

cb1111

Again, so far. We don't have complete data. I think you're too hung up on winning an argument and that's probably more important to you in this situation than my personal health. No offense.
Everybody - please take a deep breath here and quit your bickering about the vaccine - one of our own has a legitimate concern and we need to address his concerns without getting into a fistfight.

It is obviously very traumatic to get a shot and find out a few days later that there were adverse effects from this vaccine elsewhere.

Let me recap what we know:

We gave a shitload of these shots - about 6 million
There were 6 known adverse reactions that were significant
The people that had reactions were females on birth control
the adverse reactions happened within a few days

okMK - I know you are concerned (as you should be) but the vaccine you received was safe you. The CDC/FDA always errs on the side of caution which is why it generally takes a long time for meds to be approved here.

Sign up for vSafe (a CDC applet) and you'll get a daily test with a link to report any effects at all. If you report anything at all significant (not a "sore arm" or "tired"), then you'll get a text or call from the CDC. they can only do that because they KNOW that adverse reactions are very rare.

I've worked with Janet Woodcock (the acting FDA administrator) and I believe what she says. I've been in meetings with her where she was very vocal about problems - here she isn't concerned.

Drop me a PM if you want more information.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Those around me went from peer pressure on Saturday to get the vaccine to J&J is no longer approved for use real fucking quick. One thing I have struggled with is explaining the concept of strangers not having my best interest in mind. I think about these scientists, researchers, etc. and I see people who are just going to their 9-5 job to pay their bills and fund their hobbies. I see people going in to work to be railroaded by a overbearing project manager for results. I see tired and apathetic people punching a time-card... why does no one around me see any of these things?

Why is it so hard to explain?
Because some people believe in unicorns.