GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Tell me all mighty and knowledgeable, what is the intent of the 2nd amendment? Clearly the left and Democratic "leadership" (using this term loosely) believe it to be for self defense.

1618313544767.jpeg

Reactions: WAP

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Make the point or deflect. Since I am so ignorant to the constitution you should jump at the opportunity to educate and correct me.

The point is you called the document definitive, when written into it is the instructions on how to change it. You then, in the same breath evoke an amendment. An amendment, by definition is a change to the document, thus disproving your case. The Constitution is not definitive.

You could have made your arguement worse only by evoking the 18th Amendment as your example.

Go read Article 5, and stop focusing on mUh AtTaCk On YeR GuNs, you’ll fair better in this discussion.

Last edited:

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
The point is you called the document definitive, when written into it is the instructions on how to change it. You then, in the same breath evoke an amendment. An amendment, by definition is a change to the document, thus disproving your case. The Constitution is not definitive.

You could have made your arguement worse only by evoking the 18th Amendment as your example.

Go read Article 5, and stop focusing on mUh AtTaCk On YeR GuNs, you’ll fair better in this discussion.
Humor me and define the 2nd amendment and it's purpose. Any change to that amendment, reduction of magazine capacities as an example, erodes the purpose of that amendment.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Your point is arguable and we obviously sit on opposite sides. To continue arguing is rather moot and in the end all will be revealed.
So for clarification: your god wants us all to obey him, but gave us free will because he wants us to choose to obey him and if we don't, he'll punish us for the rest of eternity?

I only ask because if true, your god is definitely a woman. Or has the same MO as my wife anyway.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Humor me and define the 2nd amendment and it's purpose. Any change to that amendment, reduction of magazine capacities as an example, erodes the purpose of that amendment.

So you now agree that the Constitution is not definitive, and can, has, and will be changed at the whim of the people?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
So you now agree that the Constitution is not definitive, and can, has, and will be changed at the whim of the people?
Amendments have to been to clarify the Constitution. Again, adding to it, not taking away.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Please quote one of his posts where he tried to convert you.
I never said he tried to convert me. I said he's trying to force his religion on others through force of law.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Amendments have to been to clarify the Constitution. Again, adding to it, not taking away.
So they didn't take away the 3/5th clause? Slavery? How about prohibition?

Did you study constitutional law on twitter?

Last edited:
Reactions: WAP

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Tell me all mighty and knowledgeable, what is the intent of the 2nd amendment? Clearly the left and Democratic "leadership" (using this term loosely) believe it to be for self defense.
I'm a supporter of the entire 2nd Amendment, including the well regulated part. It was designed to allow a young country to defend itself without a large standing army, which the founders wanted to avoid, because large standing armies are often used to suppress dissent.

I think people trying to ban "assault weapons" are ignorant and don't understand they're just cool looking semi automatic rifles dressed up to look cool.

If we fixed the background check system, made a check required for all gun transfers, it would be a lot easier to prosecute straw purchases. Lots of guns get "lost" between manufacturer and the retailers too. It's an issue ATF tried to fix years ago by using similar shipping requirements that are used for narcotics, but the NRA fought it.

The irony is, you NRA types are sealing the fate of gun owners. The more you fight against basic common sense, the more public opinion grows against guns. All it'll take is an attempt like was made on Reagan, and you'll see your real gun rights stripped, not your imaginary ones, like thinking you have the right to sell guns.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What the fuck are you on about? My "rules" are that I don't brainwash my kids with tales of fantasy and mythology, and convince them that it's reality. I don't drag them to congregations of moaning and chanting like-minded zealots for reinforcement of the falsehoods and lies I succumbed to.

I'm not telling anyone how to raise their kids, Jimbo...just pointing out what kind of person you have to be to take impressionable children and convince them that fantasy is reality, in the hopes that they do the same to theirs...it's sick.
That's exactly what you were doing. Telling him that he shouldn't expose his kids to his religious beliefs.