GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
My mib2 pq set up is nearing completion just camera left but that will be done next month. I finally got android auto work without any issues. The previous cable I had was junk, it would disconnect android auto mid drive . Before I bought the cheap cable , i was trying to get a double apex usb cable and use it as pass through. However they are all sold out. So the other day I came across enfig car stereo and bought their usb3.0 cable , installed it today . Was a bit pricey $38 after shipping but it works. 😁. Tested in for a couple hours today not a single disconnect.
Nice. Is coding required to make it work?

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
My mib2 pq set up is nearing completion just camera left but that will be done next month. I finally got android auto work without any issues. The previous cable I had was junk, it would disconnect android auto mid drive . Before I bought the cheap cable , i was trying to get a double apex usb cable and use it as pass through. However they are all sold out. So the other day I came across enfig car stereo and bought their usb3.0 cable , installed it today . Was a bit pricey $38 after shipping but it works. 😁. Tested in for a couple hours today not a single disconnect.
And did you have to replace Canbus Gateway as well?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
You can get O-rings at most autoparts like Napa or Advanced Auto, just ask them to go in the back and go through their assortment. What is that again? Also don't forget your oil filter socket ontop of the filter! Lol
Yea, but I'm not going to put a 'close enough' o-ring in there. I found the part listed as an "adapter" for $15 but it didn't show the rings separately. The ones on there look pretty brittle, I'd imagine on a high mileage car they would be toast.

I actually left that socket on a car before. I got it back the next time they needed an oil change. Had it for about 15 years lol

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
And did you have to replace Canbus Gateway as well?
To get the usb to work no coding was necessary. The seller I got the unit from preprogrammed it for me so I didn't need a new canbus and he removed the component protection . But I will get one soon because i do want to be able to access the radio via vagcom. So that's on the mods list at some point.

Last edited:

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Gotcha, what's the o-ring for exactly? That socket will be with you forever then.🙏🏼
I don't know enough about the oil flow to say what purpose they serve. I've seen them tied to camshaft oil supply in other engines tho.
Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 4.47.25 PM.png

torga

Autocross Champion
Early in the week, I felt a quick shudder/misfire on the highway. Just super quick, almost like the slight decel you feel when hitting a decent, shallow puddle during a good rain. Wasn't doing anything crazy, just maintaining ~65mph. I kept monitoring throughout the week and it only happened one more time.
So this weekend, I did the EZPZ stuff to address any potential issue -- I changed plugs for a fresh set of NGK BKR7EIX, cleaned the MAF and cleaned the air filter. If I feel the misfire again, I'll turn my attention to coils.

torga

Autocross Champion
How many miles?
133k.

Shouldn't be carbon build up on the valves -- I had the intake manifold replaced at 116k and asked them to add on a valve cleaning if they were dirty and was told that they looked clean and didn't recommend the cleaning. I figured if a dealer is voluntarily telling me that I don't have to spend money, then they must be pretty damn clean 😂

torga

Autocross Champion
133k on a daily? Are you original owner? Do you have redtops? When did you change fuel filter last? Consistent brand of gas? Keep an eye on injectors too. PCV is always in the back of my mind too. Even if it's suspension related I blame PCV. 🤣
I daily it. I am not the original owner, I bought it about 2.5 years ago at 115k. For about 1.5 years I only had a 9mi RT to work. My RT has been about 30mi for the last 9-10 months.

I do have redtops. I changed the fuel filter at 119k. I always fill up with Chevron 92.

No clue when/if the injectors were replaced, so that's in the back of my mind, too -- just chasing the cheap things first. I changed the PCV at 117k and have been running a catch can since, so I'd like to believe it isn't the PCV, but not impossible.

torga

Autocross Champion
If you have a CC and it's lines are free and the can gets cleaned regularly you should be fine there. Do you not have access to 93 octane? Just wondering. Are you tuned?
Nope, can't get 93 where I live. When I lived in NM, the max used to be 91, so the extra octane point is welcome. So I'm tuned for 91 (GIAC Stage 2).

I drain the can weekly because I'm paranoid. I haven't cleaned the baffles in about a year, so it wouldn't hurt to do. Thanks for reminding me.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
As promised here's my review on the BSH and the Neuspeed Throttle pipes. Haven't been around much lately, got a promotion at work and no longer have the time to check the forums during the day, and working 10 hour days with my 2 hour commute now.

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/inde...le-pipe-versus-neuspeed-throttle-pipe.383818/

Today I opened a package I got this week for the start of track season............first I replaced and updated my track stickers for the new tracks I ran last year. Starting my second row!! My goal is to fill the window. LOL

And new magnetic numbers, all official and professional, no more boring static cling numbers only.

aregister

Ready to race!
Got it registered in WV. Got a 2 car garage full of stuff that I will eventually be moving so I can overhaul the 4motionGolfGTI Frankencar

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Just finished the center console mod. Looks pretty close to oem with the felt lol

Attachments

• PXL_20210411_230804229.jpg
    PXL_20210411_230804229.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 106