GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
the leveling of that badge against the GTI badge is setting my OCD off......
I feel the same way. I ended up eye balling it like an idiot.

MTM is a tuning company. Mainly known for tuning Audi’s. They’re popular is Europe, and only one location in the U.S. is in Miami Gardens FL. It’s called MTM USA. Not much info on the tune on our platform

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I feel the same way. I ended up eye balling it like an idiot.

MTM is a tuning company. Mainly known for tuning Audi’s. They’re popular is Europe, and only one location in the U.S. is in Miami Gardens FL. It’s called MTM USA. Not much info on the tune on our platform
Back when I had a B5 Passat, I always used MTM for my Konis

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Installed front and rear cameras.
Vantop h612 or some such. Pretty good for $160.

The only thing I don't like so far is the little forest of connectors at the top. I'm ocd about wiring.

The area near the fuse box is getting crowded now. A lot of wire and components in there now. I put the GPS receiver in there - will see if that is a problem.

0412211705.jpg

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Installed front and rear cameras.
Vantop h612 or some such. Pretty good for $160.

The only thing I don't like so far is the little forest of connectors at the top. I'm ocd about wiring.

The area near the fuse box is getting crowded now. A lot of wire and components in there now. I put the GPS receiver in there - will see if that is a problem.

View attachment 210100
i have one and love it

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
i have one and love it
I think it was your recco in one of the dash cam threads that turned me in its direction.

Did you bother splicing in the reverse trigger wire? I didn't see the need. Maybe one day if the built in reversing cam breaks.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I think it was your recco in one of the dash cam threads that turned me in its direction.

Did you bother splicing in the reverse trigger wire? I didn't see the need. Maybe one day if the built in reversing cam breaks.
No I didn't bother either lol

scott59

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI S 6MT
Installed JB4, those connectors make me nervous, afraid of breaking one, I'm sure they'll be easier next time. Planning on taking it in in a few months for last free oil change and get the FX24 flash, hopefully they'll come apart easier, pretty sure they will.

JB4 Installed.JPG

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Tried something a little different today. Bought some thin strips of white silver vinyl from Klii.

View attachment 210353
Looks great! Did you do the rear as well, or any other badges? I'd love to see some further photos, as I have a white silver GTI where I've slowly been changing out the red for black, and I'm not certain how this would look on mine. Thank you!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Installed JB4, those connectors make me nervous, afraid of breaking one, I'm sure they'll be easier next time. Planning on taking it in in a few months for last free oil change and get the FX24 flash, hopefully they'll come apart easier, pretty sure they will.

View attachment 210110
Take it out of the towel or it will overheat.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Take it out of the towel or it will overheat.
What he said. These things get toasty. I tucked mine on the right side of the battery by the (ecu?) and fuse box when I had it.

Hockeyman11385

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
Looks great! Did you do the rear as well, or any other badges? I'd love to see some further photos, as I have a white silver GTI where I've slowly been changing out the red for black, and I'm not certain how this would look on mine. Thank you!
Thanks! I debadged the back and sides. Also the black emblem with white silver underlay in the back.
F581AADD-6D22-4FC4-B769-0ED4DFAF8108.jpeg

4C391916-0007-4D65-9EEF-0BE9D359F2AD.jpeg