GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front End Clunk Braking/Accelerating

WaviOne

Hi, I have a 2011 2.5 A6 base golf with 41k. Recently I have been hearing a clunking noise when I brake (only sometimes) but it has been consistently clunking when I don’t brake fully and then accelerate. Or if I let off the gas and then press it again. It can only be heard from inside and is quiet. I just got my dog bone and tranny mount replaced because of clunking but it is still is there. My suspension also creaks when going over bumps if that has any correlation. I have read a vast amount of things but wanted a better idea before I have to take it to the dealership.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

dub*man

Ready to race!
Does anyone have experiences with the ECS locking collar kit? I installed it not long ago and the subframe still shifts. Will the Tyrolsport kit actually lock it in place?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Yeah if you're gonna get a subframe lock and collar kit the only one to go with is the tyrol

dub*man

Ready to race!
I installed the tyrolsport kit after replacing the ECS locking kit - I'm still having issues with it popping. Replaced all bolts with new OEM units and torqued to spec on the instructions provided. I'm not sure where to look next.