GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PP rear rotor removal

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Is there a reason you don't just want to remove the caliper bracket? It's only two bolts.

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Not exactly the same, since the R has the electronic parking brake, but I replaced my rear rotors w/o removing the carrier.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG

Oh, it’s been done:

46B06984-1B74-4005-AB7B-B63769AC2B32.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
BTW if you are removing the caliper bracket on the rear brakes, go out and buy a 17in breaker bar. You will need to get those bolts out and your average bar is too long to fit with the car just on jack stands.

I've always taken a standard sized ratchet, held the head in with one hand, and smacked the other end with a 5lb hammer.

Bcraig47

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5 GTI Autobahn
or just get yourself a 1/2 racket with a 3/8 adapter and give er the beans. don't need to work harder then you should.

Sincerely,
your one pissed off mechanic :ROFLMAO:

ilikecookies

Car(s)
S3
Is it possible to remove the rear rotors on a Mk7 GTI PP without removing the caliper bracket? Has anyone been successful?

PP rear brakes on the R is the same as the Audi 8v S3 right?

4:50 mark

Was going to take off the triple squares today but couldn't for the life of me fit a ratchet or break bar behind there due to the suspension - going to give this a try

Dameon

Go Kart Champion

PP rear brakes on the R is the same as the Audi 8v S3 right?

4:50 mark

Was going to take off the triple squares today but couldn't for the life of me fit a ratchet or break bar behind there due to the suspension - going to give this a try
I read to use a jack to loosen the bolts somewhere. It worked for me.