GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got scammed by Wisebrady for $400

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Send him a paypal invoice 😂

"Here, I've sent you a request to return my money. Once I get it back, I'll send it to the right account."

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So, did Tom reach out to you via GolfMK7 or a different forum? If it was here, it just shows how these scammers only look at the Marketplace forums. If not, I feel like he should have seen these screenshots by now and been like "oh, fuuuuuuuqqqqq..."

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Corprin,

here's a virtual fist bump for you.....thx

CSB: I have a fake money order from a scammer on my tool box. He even went to the cost of sending it priority mail. I used a fake name at work (craigs list scammer)

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
1616776675208.png

1616776720537.png

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
So, did Tom reach out to you via GolfMK7 or a different forum? If it was here, it just shows how these scammers only look at the Marketplace forums. If not, I feel like he should have seen these screenshots by now and been like "oh, fuuuuuuuqqqqq..."
Yes, see post 25 and Jay banning Tom in post 26

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
This thread is legendary. OP, small price to pay for a lifetime of experience. Just make sure it doesn’t happen again. And if you are young just sacrifice some drinking weekends and pick up an extra shift to make up the money. In five years you won’t even care about $400 but you will care about the experience.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
"I called PayPal, they confirmed the account I sent it to would have it (which of course is the wrong one, but still playing dumb), and they said since it was sent via friends and family, it cant be cancelled and the recipient has to send it back. So can you send it back to me?"

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
This thread is legendary. OP, small price to pay for a lifetime of experience. Just make sure it doesn’t happen again. And if you are young just sacrifice some drinking weekends and pick up an extra shift to make up the money. In five years you won’t even care about $400 but you will care about the experience.
Wise words.

I got scammed when I was buying a Lexus IS300 in 2007, I went to go check it out at night and was seduced by finding one with a manual transmission, I closed the deal that night - prior to that I asked for a VIN so that I could run a carfax report and the dirty piece of shit provided me with a fake one - I never checked that the VINs matched. The next morning I realized the car was in a major accident and required around $2K in body work, plus a bunch of other shit. I ended up spending around $3K in total. I hated the car so much. Every time I got into it I just felt used. I kept it for a month and actually managed a decent trade in for an Acura CSX Type-S. I ended up losing around $4K on the deal. 14 years later the $4K is meaningless, but that lesson taught me so much in life.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Tom Robben has plans for the weekend man! He needs that cash.

I think, for a moment there doubts started to creep in for him.

My intellects :ROFLMAO: