GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I've been looking at OTS options for an IS38 as well. I had a custom tune on my previous golf and i damn near lost my license logging it for the tuner; so I'd rather not do that again. I'll be following your posts to see how you like it.
That was definitely a concern. I've got a pretty good place very near to me where i can go 100+ reasonably safely, but still. Kind of a hassle to have to do it many times.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That was definitely a concern. I've got a pretty good place very near to me where i can go 100+ reasonably safely, but still. Kind of a hassle to have to do it many times.
If you're going with Cobb most of the Cobb tuners offer a remote dyno tune and you won't have to take the risks of street logging several times to get the final tune. I had mine done with EQT and it only took about 3 hours to have the final revision.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
If you're going with Cobb most of the Cobb tuners offer a remote dyno tune and you won't have to take the risks of street logging several times to get the final tune. I had mine done with EQT and it only took about 3 hours to have the final revision.
yeah, sneeky does remote dyno tuning which we may end up doing to finalize mine once i quit being lazy or adding other project on weekend list and put the MPI kit on the car that's sitting on the shelf in the garage ,lol.

But for Ridebjj , the logging part was still a secondary concern after pricing based on discussions I've had with him... honestly i don't think he would even have that is38 in the garage yet if he hadn't found the OTS option from sneeky. haha

Firstgentalon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 1.8 TSI
It's happening 😏

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 10.17.54 AM.png

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
yeah, sneeky does remote dyno tuning which we may end up doing to finalize mine once i quit being lazy or adding other project on weekend list and put the MPI kit on the car that's sitting on the shelf in the garage ,lol.

But for Ridebjj , the logging part was still a secondary concern after pricing based on discussions I've had with him... honestly i don't think he would even have that is38 in the garage yet if he hadn't found the OTS option from sneeky. haha
True and true. I wanted to minimize the expense and hassle. A remote dyno tune is the opposite of that.

I suppose if i was really committed to the budget idea, I'd have found a used IS38.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Another benefit of the remote dyno tune is that you get to know your precise power numbers also. Cost a little more than a protune is the only disadvantage.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Another benefit of the remote dyno tune is that you get to know your precise power numbers also. Cost a little more than a protune is the only disadvantage.

There’s also the fact that your car is tuned for only one tank of fuel, one temperature, and it’s done at a fixed altitude.

Duchess

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI Mk 7.5
7A4BC4F6-4EFF-4EBD-81C7-6172D9C659F4.jpeg

My RallyArmor mudflaps came in today! Cannot wait to get these on, but I think I will wait until I switch off my winter tires at the end of next month.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Summer wheels arrived yesterday! Fast FC04 - Bronze. 18x8. I can't wait to get these installed after the salt is gone
Be careful with those, I had a pair of FAST wheels before, they bend like warm butter over bigger potholes.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Summer wheels arrived yesterday! Fast FC04 - Bronze. 18x8. I can't wait to get these installed after the salt is gone

Be careful with those, I had a pair of FAST wheels before, they bend like warm butter over bigger potholes.
I had these in silver....loved how lightweight they are. I wasn't extra careful with mine and ran them fine for a year or so before I sold them.....no issues

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Uni has an OTS IS38 tune, I know that you are a huge fan of the company 🙃

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Uni has an OTS IS38 tune, I know that you are a huge fan of the company 🙃
Yeah we had convos about that way before he even went with Cobb and eqt and threw his previous UNI spent dollars in the trash. Lol.

That OTS is weak and priced silly, especially when you’re an existing uni customer and this is just a reflash/upgrade.