GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
A lot of people have had issues with ECS over the years. I've been pretty lucky all said and done. However, Earlier this week I gave Urotuning a shot and so far it's less than desirable. I'm wondering if anyone else has had trouble getting them to respond to their preferred method of text or email? They apparently prefer not to take calls.

I have not confirmed but I believe it to be that one small item on my order is preventing them from shipping the stuff I really need. Unfortunately, I am at a 3 hour disadvantage being on the west coast. According to gmail I emailed them 17 hours ago requesting a change to my unshipped order. No response. I sent a text per their request when you call. No response. I'm really hoping to amend this today prior to their shipping cut off so maybe they can get my stuff shipped out today. At least with ECS you can get a CSR to chat or speak with.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a west coast dealer who might have 034 rear strut mounts in stock?

Urotuning is usually my vendor of choice. Multiple orders without issue, always fast shipping, and responding to emails quickly.

And while I understand the point of view of "a one minute phone call could solve this issue", you're probably going to see phone support shrinking more and more. Many people, especially the younger generation, hate speaking to people, and would rather send a letter strapped to a pigeon if it meant avoiding voice to voice interaction with someone.

kglpdx

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I replaced the black Austins that came on my car with Neuspeed 10s. The black wheels on CSG made it look “squished” to me. The contrast of the Neuspeeds (hyper black) is much nicer IMHO.

On a side note, if anyone on/near the I-5 corridor in the NW would like to buy a pair of black 18” Austins, I’m probably looking to sell mine.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Today I installed my Rennwagen V1 spoiler extension, my first ever purely cosmetic mod! I am extremely pleased with it. It is nice and subtle but still noticeable. I think it blends perfectly with the other gloss black parts on the car as well. Sorry for the filthy car and the subpar photos. Better ones will come!

IMG_5714.jpg

IMG_5720.jpg

IMG_5718.jpg

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Urotuning is usually my vendor of choice. Multiple orders without issue, always fast shipping, and responding to emails quickly.

And while I understand the point of view of "a one minute phone call could solve this issue", you're probably going to see phone support shrinking more and more. Many people, especially the younger generation, hate speaking to people, and would rather send a letter strapped to a pigeon if it meant avoiding voice to voice interaction with someone.

i fucking hate phone calls

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Added some Maxton Design rear side splitters

IMG_0188.jpeg

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
034 mounts are junk, run OEM.

I’d trust 100k OEM mounts over brand new 034.

I run 034 mounts front and rear as well as their Camber plates. Zero issues with over 30k miles of abuse.

Datboireal

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 GTD
Not just today but over the last few weeks I've;

• Detailed my car inside and out
• Had my car remapped
• Fitted Henko wind deflectors front and back
• Fitted dynamic mirror indicators and also rear light delay modules to make them look slightly dynamic (can't afford the whole rear light clusters 🤣)
• Swapped the badges front and back for black out badges
• Switch up the rubber from Conti sport contact 5 to Michelin PS4

Today I gave my girl a wash and shine spray and put on my black vinyl stickers for my GTD badges to complement the black VW badges. I got the vinyls from Zen Graphics for those in the UK. Good selection and prices of Golf vinyls and fast delivery too!
Just need to powder coat the rims cos I've kerbed the sh*t outta them! 🙈🤦🏾‍♂️

Attachments

• 20210320_131732.jpg
    20210320_131732.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
  • 20210320_131737.jpg
    20210320_131737.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 97
  • 20210320_131747.jpg
    20210320_131747.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 116
  • 20210320_131755.jpg
    20210320_131755.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 111
  • 20210320_131808.jpg
    20210320_131808.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 118

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie

Well, an email, a voicemail, 3 texts none of which were responded to before they shipped it. I did receive notice that my order shipped which I was trying to amend prior to them doing so. The package is probably going to be refused now and sent back to them. I hate to do that but I made attempts with plenty of time to change the order and/or cancel it. Maybe I’ll give them another shot in the future but I’m a bit disappointed.

I dislike phone calls for the most part, especially social calls. However, after years of working customer service positions at a manufacturer level taking orders from dealers and sales reps across all of North America, the phone is the best tool for quick fixes in that kind of business. My business model was near identical to the aftermarket parts industry except was musical instruments.

if text is the new wave of communication for this type of business dealing I’m ok with that but you have to reply in a timely manner. Why should I give my money to the little guy experimenting with a new communication structure if he won’t answer me but I can go to the big guy and “chat” within 5 minutes? I want to support the little guy. Even better would be a local guy but tuning zubehor closed years ago.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It's amazing how quickly this filled up.

Still got everything I wanted to fit in, in it.

20210320_112231.jpg

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I run 034 mounts front and rear as well as their Camber plates. Zero issues with over 30k miles of abuse.

Im glad you’ve had good luck with them, but 034 engine, transmission, and suspension mounts all have a horrible reputation with dozens of instances of brand new and low mileage parts failing.

I’ve got no dog in that fight, I don’t sell any of those parts. I do however call it like I see it to hopefully prevent people from doing the same job multiple times.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Im glad you’ve had good luck with them, but 034 engine, transmission, and suspension mounts all have a horrible reputation with dozens of instances of brand new and low mileage parts failing.

I’ve got no dog in that fight, I don’t sell any of those parts. I do however call it like I see it to hopefully prevent people from doing the same job multiple times.

All fair, just wanted to share my experience. I also have the 034 upper and lower insert coupled with BFI S1 engine and trans mounts. A bit of shutter in first if you do not feather the throttle prefectly but no complaints otherwise.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
All fair, just wanted to share my experience. I also have the 034 upper and lower insert coupled with BFI S1 engine and trans mounts. A bit of shutter in first if you do not feather the throttle prefectly but no complaints otherwise.

well that’s actually not a terrible setup - you went BFI up top which is way better than 034’s rubber mounts. Their lower inserts when paired with a decent upper setup like BFI/CP-E do exactly what they’re supposed to, though I went APR lower insert (steel) + 034 upper (aluminum).

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Not just today but over the last few weeks I've;

• Detailed my car inside and out
• Had my car remapped
• Fitted Henko wind deflectors front and back
• Fitted dynamic mirror indicators and also rear light delay modules to make them look slightly dynamic (can't afford the whole rear light clusters 🤣)
• Swapped the badges front and back for black out badges
• Switch up the rubber from Conti sport contact 5 to Michelin PS4

Today I gave my girl a wash and shine spray and put on my black vinyl stickers for my GTD badges to complement the black VW badges. I got the vinyls from Zen Graphics for those in the UK. Good selection and prices of Golf vinyls and fast delivery too!
Just need to powder coat the rims cos I've kerbed the sh*t outta them! 🙈🤦🏾‍♂️
Can you tell me where you got your black badges from?
And how difficult was it to remove the rear badge?

Thanks!