Autocross Newbie
20210318_101207.jpg
Badgeskin headlight trim.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I like amber markers.
You’re a strange bird mr ElectricEye :) I respect your respect for the rules of the road and your perspective on modding in general. I’ve taken a few notes from you overtime, perhaps the biggest one being the whole “if upgraded brakes are the difference between you getting in an accident and not getting in an accident, your driving style is the problem, not the brakes” thing lol. I’ve gotten by fine my whole life driving sporty cars on bone stock brakes, the only thing I’m doing with this car is getting lower dust pads, better fluid, and better rotors

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
You’re a strange bird mr ElectricEye :) I respect your respect for the rules of the road and your perspective on modding in general. I’ve taken a few notes from you overtime, perhaps the biggest one being the whole “if upgraded brakes are the difference between you getting in an accident and not getting in an accident, your driving style is the problem, not the brakes” thing lol. I’ve gotten by fine my whole life driving sporty cars on bone stock brakes, the only thing I’m doing with this car is getting lower dust pads, better fluid, and better rotors

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Thank you, and I accept the "strange bird" line as a compliment.
I've always marched to my own beat, and my own sense logic.
I'm not one to subscribe to a club or parties belief system, I try to sort through and take what works for me.
The brake thing was funny. :giggle:

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Tossed in the is38 today and got flashed for the APR is38 file. It’s been raining all day so the first drive wasn’t very eventful. Just got the car up to temp and took it for a drive to make sure all is good. Looking forward to dry pavement.
A268603A-89B6-4C4D-AFEE-DE79F9416FE3.jpeg

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
A lot of people have had issues with ECS over the years. I've been pretty lucky all said and done. However, Earlier this week I gave Urotuning a shot and so far it's less than desirable. I'm wondering if anyone else has had trouble getting them to respond to their preferred method of text or email? They apparently prefer not to take calls.

I have not confirmed but I believe it to be that one small item on my order is preventing them from shipping the stuff I really need. Unfortunately, I am at a 3 hour disadvantage being on the west coast. According to gmail I emailed them 17 hours ago requesting a change to my unshipped order. No response. I sent a text per their request when you call. No response. I'm really hoping to amend this today prior to their shipping cut off so maybe they can get my stuff shipped out today. At least with ECS you can get a CSR to chat or speak with.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a west coast dealer who might have 034 rear strut mounts in stock?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
A lot of people have had issues with ECS over the years. I've been pretty lucky all said and done. However, Earlier this week I gave Urotuning a shot and so far it's less than desirable. I'm wondering if anyone else has had trouble getting them to respond to their preferred method of text or email? They apparently prefer not to take calls.

I have not confirmed but I believe it to be that one small item on my order is preventing them from shipping the stuff I really need. Unfortunately, I am at a 3 hour disadvantage being on the west coast. According to gmail I emailed them 17 hours ago requesting a change to my unshipped order. No response. I sent a text per their request when you call. No response. I'm really hoping to amend this today prior to their shipping cut off so maybe they can get my stuff shipped out today. At least with ECS you can get a CSR to chat or speak with.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a west coast dealer who might have 034 rear strut mounts in stock?

034 mounts are junk, run OEM.

I’d trust 100k OEM mounts over brand new 034.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Tires are usually the difference. 🤣

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

I've bought several sets of wheels from Urotuning...their text is usually pretty quick.