GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Custom Spoiler Extension (Gathering Interest)

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I'm definitely in to be a Guinea pig For the 7.5 r diffuser! Hit me up when ready!!!!

PeterV

Car(s)
Golf mk7.5
Could some of you guys or girls that have installed the spoiler, please post some close-up pictures? I’d like to see the spoiler from underneath at the brake light and on the sides, how it lines up with the side wings. Also close-up from the top, does it sit flush with the originale spoiler? Or is there a gab that water, dust, sand and dirt can build up?

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Could some of you guys or girls that have installed the spoiler, please post some close-up pictures? I’d like to see the spoiler from underneath at the brake light and on the sides, how it lines up with the side wings. Also close-up from the top, does it sit flush with the originale spoiler? Or is there a gab that water, dust, sand and dirt can build up?
Saw your request for pictures of the spoiler extension installed and that no one had responded. This is a type 1 extension on a Mk7 GTI.
The extension fits very well around the third stoplight and the the sides. There is gap across the top but I think that should be expected since it mounts with 3M tape. The gap is not very wide and I don't think it will hurt anything. Hope this helps.
P1050802.JPG
P1050802.JPG
P1050804.JPG
P1050805.JPG
P1050806.JPG
P1050802.JPGP1050802.JPGP1050804.JPGP1050805.JPGP1050806.JPG

PeterV

Car(s)
Golf mk7.5
Thank you for the pictures. How does it fit along the sidewings at the mounting holes?
How is the gloss black powder coating holding up? Does it scratch easily? (I read that the plastic one from aerofabb easily scratch?)
Has anyone compaired this spoiler to the one from aerofabb? Looking at pictures the aerofabb one looks a bit bigger, sticks up more?

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Thank you for the pictures. How does it fit along the sidewings at the mounting holes?
How is the gloss black powder coating holding up? Does it scratch easily? (I read that the plastic one from aerofabb easily scratch?)
Has anyone compaired this spoiler to the one from aerofabb? Looking at pictures the aerofabb one looks a bit bigger, sticks up more?
I found the fitment of the extension very good. It fits close at the point along the sidewings. The extension can be installed with or without the mounting hardware. I used the mounting hardware and the fitment was fine. A little tough to get the mounting holes in the OEM spoiler in straight but being careful one can. I have not had the unit on that long so longevity is unknown in the areas you ask. Personally I believe that the powder coating will do better than one of plastic. I am careful with it as I am with the car's surface so I doubt it will scratch. This one sticks up about 2 inches, 50 mm about the OEM spoiler. I am very pleased with mine.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Keeping the spoiler extensions going has kept me VERY busy. But it's time to keep things moving forward so....
SUPRISE! The rear diffuser is available for pre-order at a discount! Expecting to have them ready to ship out in 3 - 4 weeks. I am going to cap the pre-orders at a certain point so if you'd like to get it for the discounted price I'd act sooner rather than later. Thank you to everyone for all of the support! ☺️

Rear Diffuser

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Keeping the spoiler extensions going has kept me VERY busy. But it's time to keep things moving forward so....
SUPRISE! The rear diffuser is available for pre-order at a discount! Expecting to have them ready to ship out in 3 - 4 weeks. I am going to cap the pre-orders at a certain point so if you'd like to get it for the discounted price I'd act sooner rather than later. Thank you to everyone for all of the support! ☺️

Rear Diffuser
So this is only the pre Facelift Type? Any plans for a facelift style? I so wish I was closer , I'd be the Guinea pig in a heartbeat !!!!

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
So this is only the pre Facelift Type? Any plans for a facelift style? I so wish I was closer , I'd be the Guinea pig in a heartbeat !!!!
Yes just the pre-facelift MK7 for now. In order to get parts made up for the 7.5 I’d need a donor vehicle to take measurements and test fit. Without someone close by it makes things challenging.