GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Not for my car, but for my brother's MK7.5. Is it bad I kind of want him to not want it so I can put it on my car instead? :LOL:

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Hi....I have being reading this write up you pointed me to and I still get super confuse because it lacks to use more illustrations. Hopefully is not too much of an inconvenience if I could ask you to help me understand how do you use this "Repair Wire" to convert the harness in a way that would work.

The repair wire I mentioned before is what gets plugged into the fuse box to make it an OEM install. The end that comes on the harness in the kit I bought is the wrong end. So I just cut that end off and soldered the repair wire on and it plugged right into the bottom of the fuse box. So you have one end goes to the bcm inside the car pin 31 on the middle plug. The other wire is a ground. It’s pretty simple once you see it in front of you.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Over the weekend I ordered a Knob from Sportshifters.com and the Dieselgeek short shifter. Once they both arrive I will do the install (might be a few weeks for the custom knob). Really excited for both of them. I did a ton of bolt ons and Mods to my Boxster and the Short shifter was by far my favorite.
I'd recommend installing the Dieselgeek SS first and driving with it before you install the Sportshifters knob. It will give you a better feel for the difference each mod makes, instead of doing them at the same time. Plus it doesn't really save you any time doing them together, they are separate installs.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
View attachment 200146
Ultra Racing front upper-strut brace. Keeping it in plastic until I install it. I know I would drop it and mark it up if I didn't lol

How did this turn out, what is your feedback? I just placed an order as this is one of my few suspension bits I have not touched.

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
How did this turn out, what is your feedback? I just placed an order as this is one of my few suspension bits I have not touched.
I’m terribly lazy and haven’t done it yet. Has been way too cold out in my garage. On the other hand, I do plan on installing it this weekend or next if time allows. I will let ya know if I do!

Jargon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I'd recommend installing the Dieselgeek SS first and driving with it before you install the Sportshifters knob. It will give you a better feel for the difference each mod makes, instead of doing them at the same time. Plus it doesn't really save you any time doing them together, they are separate installs.
hmmmm this is good advice that I actually had not considered. Also i'm assuming the Dieselgeek is significantly more time consuming than just the Knob. With two kids and a dog wrench time is very hard to come by. I actually scheduled a babysitter to reserve the time to do both installs.

Side note and insight into my plight. DieselGeek was supposed to have been delivered yesterday. Either FedEx screwed the pooch or porch pirates got it. I believe it to be the former.

Maybe it's Karma getting me for posting that I just ordered something in a thread titled "what did you get in the mail today". Spoke too soon.