GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Here is a weird question; These GTIs will run on regular just fine, so I wonder how much horsepower you give up between...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Usually you can hear engine knock ... spark management makes it a thing of the past at the price of reduced performance. Don't worry, I usually run premium. I was just curious how much hp difference each point of octane makes. Going from low to high. I guess I can start at 92 and go up to 100 and calculate, but it might not be exactly linear.
Literally dozens of people who have tuned their car posted about problems with knock and not a single one ever said they could hear the knock. They could see the knock when they captured a log on whatever device they were using to log with.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
I've seen a couple of people on this forum recently that grenaded their engine on the same particularly knock prone tune - which your running a stage2 91/93 tune using 87 gas will be similar to. Neither of them heard any knock or had any idea until their motors blew up.

Your car, so you do you. And not wishing anything bad happens, but don't say you weren't warned though.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Y'all are here talking about detonation and I am just trying to wrap my ahead around stage 2 being too fast for the street.
You’re just not driving right. If you did what the ole duke boys did you’d be able to fly to the moon. That’s how you know it has too much power for the street

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You’re just not driving right. If you did what the ole duke boys did you’d be able to fly to the moon. That’s how you know it has too much power for the street

Driving your stage 2 GTI down the street

1615573971692.png