GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
It mostly feels like it's just in how the throttle engages and disengages now. Everything about it is so much smoother and since you do that so much in a manual it really changes how well you can shift. Even just doing something like going 45-60 in 6th gear and letting off the gas to engine brake feels smoother. You can feel that in any gear at any speed. Go WOT in a lower gear and quickly let off the throttle and the car will just keep rolling, you barely even feel the engine rock if at all. I still have all stock mounts and it's surprising how little engine rock I feel under any condition now. I've actually been considering an insert lately, but that doesn't really seem needed anymore.

After you shift it also feels like the power is immediately right where it should be and continues at the same rate as the previous gear. Rather than feeling like you have to re-accelerate after a shift, kinda giving a hammock feeling, it maintains its momentum through the gears.

I've driven it for about 2 hours with 2.51 and I probably only went WOT 3 or 4 times total. Feeling the difference just being stuck in traffic and driving like normal was enjoyable enough.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Does an EQT tune disable auto start/stop or is that a feature that you guys plan on adding?
It does not disable start /stop. You can do that with VCDS, OBDeleven or just unplug it from the side of the battery. EQT wouldn't add that.

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
It does not disable start /stop. You can do that with VCDS, OBDeleven or just unplug it from the side of the battery. EQT wouldn't add that.
Sadly OBDEleven did not have the option to since my model car is 2020 and guess they haven't figured it out yet. I saw APR does it so thought maybe EQT does to. Not a big deal since I'll probably find a way to auto disable it.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Sadly OBDEleven did not have the option to since my model car is 2020 and guess they haven't figured it out yet. I saw APR does it so thought maybe EQT does to. Not a big deal since I'll probably find a way to auto disable it.
OBDEleven may not have a preprogrammed option to disable it yet for 2020 but nothing stops you from going into the module and changing the value to disable it yourself. Its super easy.

Here's a video I found:

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
OBDEleven may not have a preprogrammed option to disable it yet for 2020 but nothing stops you from going into the module and changing the value to disable it yourself. Its super easy.

Here's a video I found:
Huh that's interesting. I remember going into the obdeleven forum to ask about this and they said it wasn't available. I'll check out this way.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
I can't seem to get a reply from eqt... Ordered their OTS stg1 93 tune yesterday and got nothing except saying I'll get the tune file "shortly".

Anyway, for their dsg tune, is eco mode affacted or just D/S modes?

Again, I've asked them this question and am not getting a reply.

Thoughts?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I can't seem to get a reply from eqt... Ordered their OTS stg1 93 tune yesterday and got nothing except saying I'll get the tune file "shortly".

Thoughts?
My thought is why would you ever use Eco mode? 😂 I can tell you their DSG tune is fantastic.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
I play a game in the off season where I try to get good gas mileage. Comparing the R to the '10 Sti I once had, the R can be quite efficient.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I play a game in the off season where I try to get good gas mileage. Comparing the R to the '10 Sti I once had, the R can be quite efficient.
If the EQT DSG does make any changes in Eco mode I'm not sure it would really help fuel mileage. Driving that conservatively I don't think it would matter.

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3

Thoughts?
Took mine a few days and I got it at midnight. Patience. Ordered it last week around Friday received last night at around midnight.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Any 2019 DSG GTI's with the 2.51 revision? Running 2.50 now, and not sure it's worth the update yet. To me, the car runs fine. However, lower oil and coolant temps sound good.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
I have the 2.51 version. What's your question?

Did you notice a difference between 2.50 and 2.51? I just want to know if it's worth the $ to update. That's all.