GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'Hidden' Features/Quirks/Refinements

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Thissssssssssssssss is a Volkswagen GTI.
demuro resized.jpg

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
I actually don't like this and wish it had more notches to hold the door in place. It's just not stiff enough and one of these days a light breeze is gonna piss me off.
Same, I’m sure that’s how the door is supposed to work “in theory” but in practice the door swings wide open 90 degrees (why is that even necessary) and I have to reach out really fast to stop it. It’s a bad design in my opinion.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Same, I’m sure that’s how the door is supposed to work “in theory” but in practice the door swings wide open 90 degrees (why is that even necessary) and I have to reach out really fast to stop it. It’s a bad design in my opinion.
All your doors do that? Doesn't sound right to me

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
All your doors do that? Doesn't sound right to me
I guess to an extent they all do, yeah. The back ones not so much, but my drivers door loves swinging open. I mean it’s not like there’s no resistance at all but it takes only the slightest breeze or a small incline to make it swing all the way open. Maybe it has too much grease lmao

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I guess to an extent they all do, yeah. The back ones not so much, but my drivers door loves swinging open. I mean it’s not like there’s no resistance at all but it takes only the slightest breeze or a small incline to make it swing all the way open. Maybe it has too much grease lmao
Ya maybe...I have to give my door a pretty good shove in order to make it swing all the way open

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
It closes pretty easy too. I've had to yell at my sister a couple times because she likes to slam the door shut. I have to drive her to work sometimes and I don't even bother to roll her window down anymore. It sounds fuckin terrible having a window cracked/down when someone slams the door shut.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
It closes pretty easy too. I've had to yell at my sister a couple times because she likes to slam the door shut. I have to drive her to work sometimes and I don't even bother to roll her window down anymore. It sounds fuckin terrible having a window cracked/down when someone slams the door shut.
One of the worst sounds ever. Every time someone does that I expect to have shattered glass inside the door.

SteveRedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
No hood prop rod.
Cabin fan is easy to get to in case of replacement.
Lined glovebox, easy to remove glovebox.
Rubber catches to hold up the trunk cover.
First time I saw the rear trunk cover it reminded me of my 81 Scirocco S, same catches.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
One of the worst sounds ever. Every time someone does that I expect to have shattered glass inside the door.
Oh god don’t get me started on the door slamming lol. When I used to give rides to people I guess they were all used to other cars where you have to push hard to close the door. They would get in my GTI and freaking slam the doors closed so hard it sounded like the whole car would break into two pieces. 🤬