GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

At what point do the rattles emerge?

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
I thought I had rattle that emerged around 1,000 miles... really intermittent and lasted until around 15,000. At which point my sister was back in town and grabbed her cheap sunglasses out of the overhead storage compartment 🤦‍♂️. My wife and I both wear prescription glasses so had never opened the thing. Not once did it dawn on me to check and the rattle was so random that I couldn't pinpoint a location.

I wish the rattles all had that same resolution :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
They occur sometime between being assembled and driven 300k miles.

What. Ask a stupid question.

GreatFallsofGreen

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GFG 7.5, 6MT
Have had rattles in my 7.5 since day one. Since then in tracked down the glovebox, the passenger a-pillar, took out the soundacktor, and the rear view mirror base.

im

itsjonduhh

Car(s)
2021 GTI S
2021 mk7.5 rear passenger side rattles with and without music. sounds like it's the seatbelt vibrating against the plastic pilliar but it has a creaking quality to it. i need someone to sit back there and try to damp it to locate it. drives me nuts if i don't have music going.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
2021 mk7.5 rear passenger side rattles with and without music. sounds like it's the seatbelt vibrating against the plastic pilliar but it has a creaking quality to it. i need someone to sit back there and try to damp it to locate it. drives me nuts if i don't have music going.
Seals around the tops of the doors? They can dry out and when this happens, they have a tendency to creak. The seals wouldn’t rattle though.

If the cause of the creaking is dry seals, VW have a lubricant (Krytox) that should eliminate the noise. Krytox is expensive but only a small amount is needed and it lasts a long time. A cheaper alternative is Nextzett Gummi Pfledge, which may need more regular application to stop the seals from drying out. I’ve used Gummi Pfledge and it does work. I’ve not used Krytox though.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
^ What he said. My hatch also creaks and there's a little rubber spacer attached to the hatch door that, when loose or not in place, will allow the hatch cover to rattle incessantly. It falls out once or twice a year for me and just needs to be pushed back in.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
GLI had a rattle at about 3k miles. Dealer hit a thing with no rattle tape or whatever it was called. It wasn’t taped during manufacturing

other than that. No issues with the gli or GTI but the mileage is low on both

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Same issue on my 2020. It's at the right rear passenger side. It creaks when there's body flex and but I forget it's there since my exhaust is pretty loud and I'm always listening to music. I might try to hunt it down but I'm thinking it might be a clip on one of those rear side panels.

itsjonduhh

Car(s)
2021 GTI S
Ahhh that's a good point, first sweeping right hand turn on my morning commute I notice it! Music isn't usually playing yet and I'm using a magnaflow exhaust (trying to keep it gentlemanly 😋)

4MoJoe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf Alltrack S
I had this as well, it turned out to be the rear passenger side seat lock - I found another post about it. Put some velcro around the U ring that the seat latches to when you put it up and it stopped.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Does anyone have a sort of vibration/buzz emanating from their dash between the MIB screen and the glovebox? My noise is road-surface dependent, so is thankfully not always present. If I press down hard on the dash just above the upper right of the MIB screen, the noise abates.

Looks like the devil trying to open the area up for access. Fully dropping the glovebox down as if the cabin air filter is to be surfaced doesn't expose the area.