GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is it possible a car can be this much fun?

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Look, I'm not even modded yet and I just LOVE taking the car out for a drive. Like, I wish I could pause the mileage and I DECIDE when I want to say I've had enough of this car in my life and be done with it.

I literally try to come up with any excuse to just go out and drive it. Such a smooth ride and enjoyable. Like, I'm not tuned yet, I'm getting blasted by anyone next to me including Camrys and Corollas when I'm at the light, but I don't even give 1 crap about it. I'm casually taking off at the line and enjoying every bit of it, lol.

Can I just get a like that I didn't make a thread about something broke on my car and I joined the forum to complain about it? lol.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I feel the exact same way about my car. Coming from a Civic, a car bought out of need, this car was everything I was looking for. I am actually trying to find things to mod and struggling to do it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Look, I'm not even modded yet and I just LOVE taking the car out for a drive. Like, I wish I could pause the mileage and I DECIDE when I want to say I've had enough of this car in my life and be done with it.

I literally try to come up with any excuse to just go out and drive it. Such a smooth ride and enjoyable. Like, I'm not tuned yet, I'm getting blasted by anyone next to me including Camrys and Corollas when I'm at the light, but I don't even give 1 crap about it. I'm casually taking off at the line and enjoying every bit of it, lol.

Can I just get a like that I didn't make a thread about something broke on my car and I joined the forum to complain about it? lol.
If you do get tuned you'll never get out of the car. 🤣

Luva

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
OP, I know what you mean. I went from 150 HP in my old ride to 228 HP (OK, we all know VW sandbags). Wow, so much more enjoyable. I really think the mk7.5 GTI has got to be one of the best all around cars on the planet. Then, after only two months of pure driving bliss, I get a EQT stage 1 tune. The extra 70 HP has turned my sporty little hot hatch into a dang 4 wheel weapon! So much bang for the buck!

Grey Hare1

Snail you are right on. I have owned over 50 cars in my lifetime and this car (2019 GTI 6 MT) is the best. Just today the wife and I went out for a 2 hour drive. Just for the fun of it. Wonderful!

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I have 37k on my car and a 5 mile round trip commute to work.

Like...95% of my driving is just having fun in the car. You can't out accelerate any moderately fast cars on the stock tune but you can outcorner almost everyone.

I love having aggressive SUV drivers behind me down a straight leading to some twisties. You can watch them nearly tip over in the rear view as they carry too much speed into the turns trying to keep up. Good times 😄

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Sounds very familiar...”Can anyone run to the store”. “I’ll do it!”

I’ve had my GTi for 1 month and have done a few impactful mods to the driving feel (bleeder block, short shifter) but I’m always researching what’s next. It’s like I have to be tinkering with something. Even when my old POS truck was my daily I was constantly working on it. I get a lot of enjoyment out of working on a vehicle that gives back so much!

Last edited:

uvasteven

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I have 14,000 miles on my 19 and feel the same way. It’s a brilliant car even in stock form.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
I definitely understand all of the above. The GTI is great fun to drive, a refined package that doesn't have any noticeable weaknesses that I've found. I still love to tinker, so couldn't resist diving into mods for the fun of it, since so much is available. I've always prefered manual trans driving, so went straight to that when I bought the GTI. Decades ago, after I got married, my wife talked my into buying a new car with a auto trans. I really liked the car, but hated the auto, and ended up not keeping it long because of it. After joining the forum, I kind of wish I would have at least test driven the DSG. It sounds like it might have been the first auto I might have enjoyed. Not sure I could have pulled the trigger and shot my left leg, but it could have been interesting.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
This car is the best. I have been work from home since last March so I have no commute, so pretty much all the miles I have put on it since I picked it up in August have been for fun. I was in a depressing Dodge Dart before this, so this was one hell of an upgrade. I totally understand where your coming from. It is an absolute joy to drive, be it just cruising to the grocery store or hauling ass on a country road. Even the passengers have appreciated the upgrade because the seats are comfy and it has massive amounts of leg room upfront. It's quick, looks great, handles well, and it's still practical. Great all around vehicle.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
LiI'm getting blasted by anyone next to me including Camrys and Corollas when I'm at the light, but I don't even give 1 crap about it. I'm casually taking off at the line and enjoying every bit of it, lol.

You have to watch out for those camrys.... you just never know. @Keehs360 lmao

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
I keep telling my wife, this car does everything perfectly.
Fast, fuel efficient, great storage because of the hatchback, nimble, reliable and great family car! There isn’t a thing you can really complain about. If you are into watches, then you know how difficult and elusive it can be to own only one watch and wear it without wanting for any other watch for years and years. This car is like the elusive one watch.

If I didn’t have the 128i, I’d be content with just the GTI and feel no need for another car.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
Something is wrong with your car if you are getting blasted by Corollas at stop lights. No stock Corolla can beat a MK7 GTI.