GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Hmm, maybe that has to do with fewer people being on the road thanks to lockdowns, which means a higher count of car accidents? As well as several other similar scenarios for lower yearly deaths across the board.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Don't play into his fake post from a quack. The numbers are available from the CDC and deaths aren't the same, aren't down, and are 2 weeks behind.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Because one, fake numbers, two the year isn't over. So far this year, the CDC reports that 2,877,601 people have died. At the same point in 2018, the number was 2,606,928, and in 2019, it was 2,614,950. The number of deaths to this point in 2020 is at least 260,000 greater than either of the past two years. But that number is an underestimate because the CDC publishes data based on the number of death certificates it has received. Since it can take a couple of weeks for all death certificates to be recorded, the numbers for the last two weeks, at least, will increase as time goes by. If the last two weeks produce a similar number of deaths as the weeks before, the margin to this point will be larger.
Also. The lock downs keep a lot of folks in doors. So less car deaths, less freak accidents etc

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
All women with c19 have ED actually

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
1607916727902.jpeg

is that Zrick I see!!?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I thought it was sad republicans gave an idiot with no proof such a cool code name. What a waste.

Yeah, just like those fuckers had to go and ruin the Gadsden Flag and the circle game.

Mother fuckers, I’ve killed for less.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I would also like to see a breakdown of the changes in other types of death. From my limited sample set of no mentionable commuter traffic on local freeways, I’d be willing to bet that auto accident deaths are WAY down.
not sure about this. I read that while accidents were down the severity of them was up because people were driving faster. I did notice back when the lockdown in CT was in place (spring) traffic was down but a good % of people were flying on hwy

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I noticed something.

The more people know about the world. the harder it is to maintain empathy.

There is an exponent of a few sorts that has increased rapidly, recent in human civilization:
1) The amount of bad things happening
2) The severity of bad things happening
3) The number of people or things the bad things affect
4) The knowledge available and distributed to people

It's kind of batshit when you stop to really consider this. First, compare how it may have been ~200 years ago:
1) The amount of bad things happening - probably pretty stable, of course, people getting sick without known cures, other plagues, famine wars with horses and swords and shit. Religious control of many masses
2) The severity of bad things happening - indeed, not great, but i bet most people in their individual civilizations were focused on pulling eachother through
3) The number of people or things the bad things affect - really just affected people directly, and only about a billion people were around, so not a huge number
4) The knowledge available and distributed to people - 100% personal experience or hearsay, and none of the main factors (above) should have been too hard to believe or refute

Now, consider the clusterfuck of today:
1) The amount of bad things happening - jesus christ monkeyballs!
2) The severity of bad things happening - jesus tapdancing christ!
3) The number of people or things the bad things affect - chris on a bike!
4) The knowledge available and distributed to people - oh, sweet raptor jesus

And to interject a new one that exists moreso now than before, 5) - the existential RISK for even more bad things to happen.

MY TLDR: With how much bad stuff happens and our knowledge of it, the hard (HARD!) right is a symptom of ignorance. You kind of have a few choices with how you deal with information:
a) Ignore the information (covid doesnt exist. climate change doesnt exist.)
b) Distract the information (muh freedoms, muh capitalism)
c) angry interjection (fuck those starving kids in india and africa, we should NUKE EM!!)

In short, they stop at nothing to understand the problems fully and distract themselves in any way possible so as not to actually feel feelings

More proper discourse would of course be to:
d) empathetically acknowledge the true hardships in the world, but realize you yourself cant do much about it, and deal with that
e) acknowledge, and try to do something, or atleast not be a dick

Last edited: