GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone using the Powerflex hybrid dogbone puck?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I installed my powerflex lower puck today. A couple notes and initial thoughts.

- make sure your 21mm socket fits in the black collar. My impact 21mm didn't and I had to buy one at AutoZone.

- I used a jigsaw to cut the lower mount out, I do not recommend. I slightly damaged my upper mount in the process. I checked the scars with a pick and they didn't go below the surface so I said screw it and proceeded with the install. If anyone has a better way to do it, might be helpful to share. Worst case scenario my upper mount fails at some point and I replace it but with the voids filled and the poly puck pressed in there I think that is unlikely.

- my roceuro arm was not compatible with my 2020 dsg car. Will report findings there in another thread after I talk to them this week

The car felt totally fine to me after install. There is a bit more vibration in reverse and a bit more from the engine overall but it's totally not a problem for me. I also suspect it will get better once I drive a bit more. Shifts are exactly how I want them to be now, I can only say this is a more significant improvement than the alu 034 insert I had on my golf R.

I can't really see this bushing being a problem for anyone but the very most particular of people. The benefits are fantastic so far. I actually think some of the added feel and sound or nvh from the engine is a good thing.... Feels much more connected overall.

Cool beans. Will be buying it this weekend.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
It's awesome. Long term I'm happy as well

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I get 0 wheel hop anymore with mine. It has shifted a bit but I think this has to do with stock mounts

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
I have flippn had it with this thing.

So now I've reinstalled twice. Everything is perfectly aligned. The puck is centered. It is vertically centered. With a light looking through the hole it is almost perfectly straight through. I tiny push gets it to thread in by hand. Everything is fine and centered until it gets tight then bam the washer starts walking to the edge. I've tried flipping , and pushing on the motor back and still it does this.

I'm almost entirely certain it is a defective mount. I don't think the washer is perfectly flat. It seems fine driving but has ridiculous vibrations at 1-1.3k rpm. Like shake my backpack bad. Before I contact power flex does anyone have any ideas?

Has anybody tried the 034 upper insert with the Powerflex Hybrid? Will it even fit?

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
The Hybrid fills the upper void, I think the 034 has the upper voids already filled?
In this photo, the TOP view shows that the PowerFlex Hybrid fills the rear void in the upper mount but the 2 small fingers fill just the edges of the front upper void. The 034 upper insert fills the front void in the OE upper mount but I think the Powerflex fingers in the ends of that upper mount void will prevent the 034 upper insert from fitting and was wondering if anybody has tried to fit it.

powerflex.jpg

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
You guys must hate life. The puck alone will lock everything down sufficiently.
My hybrid is shifted forward when the bolt is torqued and rotated 90*. The washer is just a hair from contacting the lip on the subframe. I was wondering if the 034 upper insert would prevent the shift and keep everything centered.

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
My hybrid is shifted forward when the bolt is torqued and rotated 90*. The washer is just a hair from contacting the lip on the subframe. I was wondering if the 034 upper insert would prevent the shift and keep everything centered.

Sounds like you should be fine.

PS
Your signature is super distracting with a font size larger than your messages. Just my 2c.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Yeah my hybrid is the same way, tilted forward a bit. Probably my favorite upgrade tbh.