GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Cheap things are cheap because they are cheap.

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
They did have stock for a short while. They might not have gotten that many in.

I got mine last Thursday. I'm not super stoked with it. I had to sand the ends to get mine to fit flush with the sides of the hatch. It does not line up all that great with the lines on the upper sides on the hatch. It looks good from far away...but not that great if you look up close.

The mold might not be that great. It seems like its a vacuum formed piece of plastic. Its really flimsy in a way.

Mine fit very nicely, especially along the long center portions on the top and rear. I noticed during test fitting that some of the mounting tape extended too close to the edges at the ends of the spoiler and increased the gap. I trimmed the tape back to get a snugger fit. As shown in my earlier photo (and below), there is a narrow strip of underlying OE spoiler (white in my case) that is visible between the hatch edge and the new spoiler. I vinyl wrapped that narrow channel with gloss black vinyl so the new spoiler appears to extend to the very edge of the hatch. Mine looked exactly like the ECS Tuning photo (below) before blacking-out the offending white strip.
1605074_x800.jpg

After wrapping.
IMG_3807-2.jpg

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
I wonder how it would look with a gloss black roof wrap or just wrapping that back portion where the spoiler mounts on too

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I wonder how it would look with a gloss black roof wrap or just wrapping that back portion where the spoiler mounts on too

I bought gloss black to wrap the OEM spoiler prior to reinstalling my Maxton spoiler.

It’s been sitting on a shelf since June so maybe I’ll throw it on someday ha

tdipaul

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 6MT SE PP/LP

#1 and #2 were installed but upon opening #3 I noticed the wheel weights were stuck to the inside of the cardboard liner and there are some small paint chips inside the wheel :(. I emailed tire rack and asked them when I can take it to their nearest partner for re-balancing.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
This site has built in image hosting you know...

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I got a second check in the mail for my MkV GTI timing chain settlement.

In 2014, I bought a new Jetta Sportwagen TDI. VW bought it back for full price after driving it for 65K miles. Then Bosch send me $500 for pain and suffering. I bought a 2009 GTI used from a local dealer. I replaced the timing chain tensioner after inspection proved it was the failing version. The class action attorneys sent me a check for the full repair price. I guess they felt the need to send me another check because they had leftover funds.

Crime pays.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I got a second check in the mail for my MkV GTI timing chain settlement.

In 2014, I bought a new Jetta Sportwagen TDI. VW bought it back for full price after driving it for 65K miles. Then Bosch send me $500 for pain and suffering. I bought a 2009 GTI used from a local dealer. I replaced the timing chain tensioner after inspection proved it was the failing version. The class action attorneys sent me a check for the full repair price. I guess they felt the need to send me another check because they had leftover funds.

Crime pays.
This reminds me of when VW bought my TDI back during dieselgate.......paid me MORE than what I bought it for and then Bosch gave me the $500 "sorry for your time" check as well.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
BFI golf ball shift knob. Got my other one (BFI air NAPA leather) for sale in classifieds

How you like it? Been thinking about picking one up.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
These came in today. Found out two of my wheels were bent and it was time for tires as well. Only 16 of these in the country when I ordered. Tires come Friday. View attachment 193039
Those look great, please put on scale and post up... design looks like it could keep them more in line with stocks atleast.
CVTs are my favorite wheel design they are just tanks at 29-30 lbs

Edit: nvm, just checked the website, nearly 32lbs!