GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
New RS3 LPFP from A2B Motorsports. Can't wait to get my base tune from EQT and get this thing going!

20201109_114540.jpg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Strut bearings, grabbed the Audi TT ones this time. And Mk6 R front rotors from R1 Concepts (they're local and were running a 30% off code) for the Macan brake upgrade.
IMG_20201111_143641.jpg
IMG_20201111_210457.jpg

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Strut bearings, grabbed the Audi TT ones this time. And Mk6 R front rotors from R1 Concepts (they're local and were running a 30% off code) for the Macan brake upgrade.
View attachment 192261View attachment 192262

I've been running R1 Concepts rotors for a few years across my GTI and my last car. I think they're great for just daily driving. I will admit though, I did get them for the GTI specifically because they look cool.

1605187168714.png

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
View attachment 192261View attachment 192262

What's the difference between the Audi and VW strut bearings?

And smart move on the 345mm rotors. Some pads overhang with Macan and 340mm.

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I've been running R1 Concepts rotors for a few years across my GTI and my last car. I think they're great for just daily driving. I will admit though, I did get them for the GTI specifically because they look cool.
I'm in a TDI so 95% looks for me, haha. I needed rotors anyway since I'm changing brake sizes. I'm going to hit the hub area with black G2 paint before install since I have black spacers and black wheels.
What's the difference between the Audi and VW strut bearings?

And smart move on the 345mm rotors. Some pads overhang with Macan and 340mm.
I'm not sure there is a difference really. I will say these are well packed with grease, unlike the last 3-4 pairs (long story) of stock bearings I bought. The grease is actually coming out between the two parts of these audi bearings. With the stock ones I would split them and add grease. I don't know that it made a difference but I was chasing low speed turning noises at the time so it was precautionary.

I'm coming from 330mm rotors with my current brakes so I had to get new rotors no matter what, may as well go with the right ones.

Leonardp

Go Kart Newbie
Fits really well. The only thing I did to make it better was picking-up a couple scraps of gloss black vinyl wrap from a local shop and wrapping the very edges of my hatch lid along the upper left and right sides. The spoiler extension leaves a little bit of those 2 edges exposed and the sliver of white shows. By wrapping 1/4" of the white edge in black, the spoiler extension looks like it is 100% flush with the hatch edges. Without wrapping, the exposed white strip is very narrow and most people would not give it a second thought. The OCD side of me had other ideas. LOL.

View attachment 192080
I got an email from ECS about this product and immediately clicked on the website only to get a message that they were sold out with no ETA. What bullshit!

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
I got an email from ECS about this product and immediately clicked on the website only to get a message that they were sold out with no ETA. What bullshit!
I must have lucked out and got one of their last ones.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
says they're in stock now, I just ordered one. this is the first aftermarket spoiler/extension for this car that I think looks good.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...h-spoiler-extension-gloss-black/005098la01~a/

Very good. I liked the photos and like it even better now that I see it installed on my GTI. By using a small strip of gloss black vinyl wrap on the edge of the OE spoiler before mounting the new one over it, the white strip circled in the photo disappears and the fit of the new one looks even better.

1605074_x800.jpg

Last edited:

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Love this build man. You plan to swap the wheels?
No, these konigs have only been on the car like 3 months.

I’m actually going to go the other way and swap back down to 225/40 tires for the stretch and easier fitment.

these front fenders won’t really give me extra space for more tire, they will just allow me to pull all the excessive negative camber I’m running right now (close to -5.5 at ride height) to clear the fenders since the wheels are et35 plus I have the ball joint extenders so it’s basically the fitment of a 8.5 with et10, lol.

Heres a good pic to show how the front are too tight right now, lol (it doesn’t fit like that right now but that’s cause we had to dial in some toe-in also with the stock fenders)
37C16590-A29B-4FF1-AD2D-18813B2EFD10.jpeg

Last edited:

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3

They did have stock for a short while. They might not have gotten that many in.

I got mine last Thursday. I'm not super stoked with it. I had to sand the ends to get mine to fit flush with the sides of the hatch. It does not line up all that great with the lines on the upper sides on the hatch. It looks good from far away...but not that great if you look up close.

The mold might not be that great. It seems like its a vacuum formed piece of plastic. Its really flimsy in a way.

Last edited:

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
They did have stock for a short while. They might not have gotten that many in.

I got mine last Thursday. I'm not super stoked with it. I had to sand the ends to get mine to fit flush with the sides of the hatch. It does not line up all that great with the lines on the upper sides on the hatch. It looks good from far away...but not that great if you look up close.

The mold might not be that great. It seems like its a vacuum formed piece of plastic. Its really flimsy in a way.
the product description clearly identifies it as vacuum formed.