GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
No no no.
I use Vas5054 interface to align Component Protection online.
That operation "marries" MIB unit to the gateway module of the car.
When the IKA and GFA keys from Gateway and MIB match,Component protection is deactivated.
Some guys who do patches turn Component Protection off.
That is not a good solution!
Especially in Delphi units,it makes them unstable,and some even end up in Blue screen - bootloader mode.
The official ODIS way is the proper way to go.

As for the D-Link DUB-E100 it is used for installing the FEC codes.
As always there is a wrong way.
Some guys install Exception list.
That is not the way to go.
You can recognize it by holding the menu button for 10 seconds and then entering SWAP/FEC and then Installed Codes.
Click any code,and you should see in VIN field - Value not valid.

I do it the proper way.Using your VIN and VCRN so everything matches :)

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
No no no.
When the IKA and GFA keys from Gateway and MIB match,Component protection is deactivated.
Especially in Delphi units,it makes them unstable,and some even end up in Blue screen - bootloader mode.

You can recognize it by holding the menu button for 10 seconds and then entering SWAP/FEC and then Installed Codes.

If I already have a hacked MIB2 unit with AppConnect, is it possible to “fix” it and remove CP the right way?

anddangit

Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI 1.8
Just wanted to say for those on the fence, do it, it's definitely the best "quality of life" retrofit you can do. Thanks to @Cuzoe for the parts (I think he still has some for sale), @MattRabbit for all the tips (wiring the USB was most definitely a pain), @mattcony for some help, and definitely super thank you to @simaservis1108. Super patient, great communication leading up to the time, whole process takes about 1-2 hrs but he made it go by faster. Definitely reach out to him if you need the activation stuff!

Attachments

• 20201030_132857948_iOS.jpg
    20201030_132857948_iOS.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 336

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
Just wanted to say for those on the fence, do it, it's definitely the best "quality of life" retrofit you can do. Thanks to @Cuzoe for the parts (I think he still has some for sale), @MattRabbit for all the tips (wiring the USB was most definitely a pain), @mattcony for some help, and definitely super thank you to @simaservis1108. Super patient, great communication leading up to the time, whole process takes about 1-2 hrs but he made it go by faster. Definitely reach out to him if you need the activation stuff!

Looks good! Now your next step is to fill those blank buttons and retrofit the 8" screen along with piano black trim!

zvonexp

Passed Driver's Ed
No no no.

Why exception list is not good ? because u dont have that solution or ?

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
Why exception list is not good ? because u dont have that solution or ?
No its because everyone else uses it and I am sick of those people who bought solutions and use it not knowingly and without any brains.
Then when units break they go cry,oh what to do now,how to recover etc.

Like on most newest firmwares,when there is a new firmware up,posts show up,please someone share patch,please someone share login...

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Heads up on getting driving modes pop up menu to work after replacing head unit.

I recently replaced the MIB2 3Q0035844 head unit which I swapped with a 3Q0035844B due to a problem with the unit draining battery
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/infotainment-unit-draining-battery.379517/ After CP removal and FeC installation, my "driving modes" pop up menu did not function when pressing driving mode button. You need to change this line of adaptations code to active to get driving modes pop up menu to work

ENG122229-ENG117736-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-charisma_0x17

Attachments

• IMG_7780.JPG
    IMG_7780.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 275

mattcony

Does anybody know what's needed to get the grid menu to work under the GTI vehicle type. My MIB2 unit came out of an Atlas and when I first installed it "pre activation" it displayed all the menu's in the Atlas profile (blue colors and car icon). Once Jack did my activation it was switched to the GTI theme (red colurs / logo's ect) this switches the menu icons to one long list a single row high and I absolutely hate it. Is there anyway to get the grid display back, I don't have option in the screen settings for list or grid.

Example Grid:

1605040671318.png

Example list:
1605041110266.png

Last edited:

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Does anybody know what's needed to get the grid menu to work under the GTI vehicle type. My MIB2 unit came out of an Atlas and when I first installed it "pre activation" it displayed all the menu's in the Atlas profile (blue colors and car icon). Once Jack did my activation it was switched to the GTI theme (red colurs / logo's ect) this switches the menu icons to one long list a single row high and I absolutely hate it. Is there anyway to get the grid display back, I don't have option in the screen settings for list or grid.

Example Grid:

View attachment 192004

Example list:
View attachment 192006
The "grid view" is MIB2.5, the single line is MIB2.

You can't just toggle something on.