The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
forgot to add mine.

New 2020 dsg GLI S almost 2k under MSRP

and New 2020 dsg GTI Autobahn almost 5K under MSRP

The gti was sitting over three months, it qualified for more money off. plus some dealer incentives and i qualified for 500$ off each car due to my prior service in the military. Plus there was just a crap ton of back and forth between me, finance guy and the owner of the dealer. I think I couldve done better on the GLI but they werent budging on it. So I did my best to get what I could for my trade in (got 1.5k over NADA) and the GTI

superbaoser

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Bought a 2019 GTI SE 6SPD with Experience package. MSRP was 34.5, got them down to 27.5. They additionally gave me 4K above KBB for my trade in.

Perfect scenario for me since the 2019 still had the peoples warranty and the 2020s don't have anything different from the 2019s, lol. To be fair the 2019 was on the lot for quite a while. Its an Icy Silver. Such an enjoyable car to drive as a daily, even with manual. :)

timbozi

Car(s)
2020 GTI S - pp
2020 S
25k +ttl
San Diego County, purchase date 9/27/2020

Tint installed last week, stereo upgrade scheduled for this week. Driving is fun again!

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
What is considered a good deal now that there wont be a 21 model and in 22 we'll have the MK8? Is 15% off MSRP considered good? Or can we expect bigger discounts

timbozi

Car(s)
2020 GTI S - pp
Well done timbozi, which dealer is this?
VW of Kearney Mesa is where I ended up, Steven Tran was the salesman. Really great buying experience, think I was in/out in less than an hour. Tried to go through the Costco program, but the best deal was 26,400 +ttl.

AlBeThere

Car(s)
2020 GTI S Manual
VW of Kearney Mesa is where I ended up, Steven Tran was the salesman. Really great buying experience, think I was in/out in less than an hour. Tried to go through the Costco program, but the best deal was 26,400 +ttl.

Wow that's a great deal! If Steven were in the SF Bay Area he would have another sale today. The best offer I have so far for a 2020 S is $25600 without the VW supplemented 0% financing.

Mike

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
Wow that's a great deal! If Steven were in the SF Bay Area he would have another sale today. The best offer I have so far for a 2020 S is $25600 without the VW supplemented 0% financing.

Mike

Mike, Aim for 15-16% off MSRP right now. Should be completely doable. Check sunnyvale vw, heard they are volume dealer and push cars out like crazy. Should be able to get 15% w/o much effort.

I was just quote $28,846 for a GTI SE w DSG here in SoCal, and a few others offered $30,095. Basically 14-16%

AlBeThere

Car(s)
2020 GTI S Manual
Mike, Aim for 15-16% off MSRP right now. Should be completely doable. Check sunnyvale vw, heard they are volume dealer and push cars out like crazy. Should be able to get 15% w/o much effort.

I was just quote $28,846 for a GTI SE w DSG here in SoCal, and a few others offered $30,095. Basically 14-16%

Thank you for the info! I'm looking for a 2020 S with 6m. MSRP is 29865. Best offer I have is 14% off but they are adding a profit margin of a point to the VW standard financing of 2.86%.

I'm holding out for 16% off and no margin on the financing. There's twelve S models with manual in the Bay Area in black and another ten in white.

I will reach out to Sunnyvale now and see what they can offer. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
No way would i do the 2.86, unless you dont qualify for the 0% (iirc 800+ credit). Get the 14-15% + 0% financing. Should be absolutely doable right now. It's model year end car. Start blasting all dealers within a few hundred miles. Good luck!

FrankieThissen

Car(s)
'20 GTI S 6spd
Just picked up a 2020 S 6sp in Tornado Red for 25614; Window sticker showed 30409. And they took my car in on a trade, matching Carvana which was ~2k higher than all other dealers I spoke to, and I didn't feel completely drained and run down from dealing with a car dealership (walked out of 2 and hung up on dozens because I hate dealing with them). All in there was probably some more room on the table, if I pushed harder, but sometimes I prefer to spend a little extra money for my sanity. Also, had to drive 3 hours, each way to get it.

AlBeThere

Car(s)
2020 GTI S Manual
Thank you for the info! I'm looking for a 2020 S with 6m. MSRP is 29865. Best offer I have is 14% off but they are adding a profit margin of a point to the VW standard financing of 2.86%.

I'm holding out for 16% off and no margin on the financing. There's twelve S models with manual in the Bay Area in black and another ten in white.

I will reach out to Sunnyvale now and see what they can offer. Thanks for the tip.

Mike

Ok the deal is done.. Came home today with a 2020 GTI S Manual. For those of you in the Bay Area still shopping, the prices are falling rapidly. Dealerships are all over the board with pricing. Some offered a straight $1500 off MSRP and others went very deep-See below for how deep.

I ended up at Dublin VW for $24385 plus TTL. Two other dealerships were close to this or maybe even better but they didn't have the color I wanted. I did not choose to use the VW 0% financing. All of the above dealerships added on $1500 if I wanted the 0%. Patelco was offering 2.55% so I took that with the intentions of paying the loan off early.

The funniest part of this whole process for me was I was originally looking for a late model/low miles pre-owned. I found a pre-owned 2020 GTI S manual with 1800 miles and the non-VW dealership wanted $26900 plus TTL. Told me they might come down $500 but not a penny more. OK.. No Thanks.

Let me know if anyone has any questions about pricing or contact info at the dealerships.

Last edited:

onefin

Car(s)
2020 Mk7.5 GTI S 6sp
I bought a black 2020 S manual that had a MSRP of $29,750 for $26,500 on Friday.
It was a bit higher than other regional dealer qoutes, but I didn't want to travel super far to save a few hundred bucks.

I only wanted the 0% and all dealers were adding $ to make up for the 0% APR.
After a couple phone calls and texts to sales person, I was outta there in less than an hour and picked the car up the next day.

I'm beginning to order parts this week and shocks and springs will be first.

I haven't owned a GTI for over 20 years, but I'll say that this thing is more fun than the 911 I sold last summer.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Just picked up a 2020 S 6sp in Tornado Red for 25614; Window sticker showed 30409. And they took my car in on a trade, matching Carvana which was ~2k higher than all other dealers I spoke to, and I didn't feel completely drained and run down from dealing with a car dealership (walked out of 2 and hung up on dozens because I hate dealing with them). All in there was probably some more room on the table, if I pushed harder, but sometimes I prefer to spend a little extra money for my sanity. Also, had to drive 3 hours, each way to get it.
Where did you buy it at?

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Just picked up a 2019 SE 6MT w/ Experience Package in DC/northern VA this week. One owner (for less than 8 months) and only 4400 miles on it. Got them down to $25,570 + TTL. Feeling pretty good about it; truly my dream car and my favorite color (Dark Iron Blue). Good to be back in a VW after 8 years on a bicycle!

Attachments

• IMG_7378.jpeg
    IMG_7378.jpeg
    355 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_7383.jpeg
    IMG_7383.jpeg
    394.1 KB · Views: 137