GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should I oil change at dealership or third party shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
$10 drain plugs? Can't you find a pack of them for that on Amazon? Go crazy, re-use them...it will be fine, it's an o-ring.
Yeah ill buy them myself you are right and fuck the dealer charging me for it each time for a tiny ugly ass plastic crap. I wonder if they would be like no we are still using ours lol ill have to call them and see.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Stfu I am not stupid I just asked a question about why is it necessary to keep wasting 10 bucks when i can upgrade to metal and not waste 10 bucks each time. You are just a sexist piece of shit where finding a woman on a forum is like hell to you so go fuck yourself for your negativity. If you have nothing to say positive keep it to yourself asshole.

Just a word to the wise. If you want to tell someone off you need to do it in a way that doesn't involve name calling or you risk being banned. The moderators don't mess around demeaning someone.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

cb1111

You can supply your own drain plug.
Actually, that is unlikely. Dealers generally won't use parts you've brought in for liability issues. Like you found out with the leaking plugs from Amazon, the OP would go off on the dealer like the drunken sailor she (he?) acts like here, if her plugs leaked like the ones you got.

With that, you guys can continue to feed the troll. I'm out of this thread.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Actually, that is unlikely. Dealers generally won't use parts you've brought in for liability issues. Like you found out with the leaking plugs from Amazon, the OP would go off on the dealer like the drunken sailor she (he?) acts like here, if her plugs leaked like the ones you got.

With that, you guys can continue to feed the troll. I'm out of this thread.

You're right. I wouldn't go to the dealer for an oil change anyway.

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
Those would be fine. You can't use a magnetic drain plug because the oil pan is plastic. If you get that drain plug in the link let me know if they leak. They probably won't though.

Edit: I checked the link again and that is just the o-ring for your current drain plug. Should be fine.
Yeah figured its for people who upgraded their whole panelto steel or aluminum is what that magentic one was directed to.

But either way I knew it canada is garbage in terms of parts to buy as i checked everywhere online to just buy the pack of these stupid plastic screws/plugs and you know where i found a pack of 10? On Amazon but ships from china for 22 cad bucks.

I know there are 2 states website like the one I linked and one other one but shipping costs double what the item costs to why I revoked my idea of buying off a states website. Glad I found amazon from china as an alternative.

So I will buy that off china not change plastic panel to steel for no reason lol

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah figured its for people who upgraded their whole panelto steel or aluminum is what that magentic one was directed to.

But either way I knew it canada is garbage in terms of parts to buy as i checked everywhere online to just buy the pack of these stupid plastic screws/plugs and you know where i found a pack of 10? On Amazon but ships from china for 22 cad bucks.

I know there are 2 states website like the one I linked and one other one but shipping costs double what the item costs to why I revoked my idea of buying off a states website. Glad I found amazon from china as an alternative.

So I will buy that off china not change plastic panel to steel for no reason lol

Why don't you just order from Amazon Canada? And why so many? That's 5 years worth of oil changes since you said 2 changes per year. The o-rings could be dried out by then.

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
Why don't you just order from Amazon Canada? And why so many? That's 5 years worth of oil changes since you said 2 changes per year. The o-rings could be dried out by then.
Well its 2 plugs a year so thats what 5 years worth i think for buying 10 pack yeah amazon has it only from china though i checked

Status
Not open for further replies.