GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Motor mounts are underrated!

A7xogg

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been in the car/racing scene for about 10 years or so now. No I'm not some famous youtubers or have threads documenting my past builds but I'm done alot of modding on alot of different platforms. Full mounts pretty much made the car drive perfect and sound perfect. Yes when you replace all your mounts with stiffer ones they do make a tiny bit more vibration and more engine noise. My mod list includes injen intact ECS intercooler, protune, bfi engine, bfi transmission mount both stg 2 and 034 upper and lower mount, bag tweaks including turning off the sound symposer and changing the diff. Car is quieter than a stock gti with an magnaflow catback, but makes alot better engine noises. Gti no longer just sounds like noise, it actually sounds like a working engine. I don't wanna spend too much time on the benefits of engine and transmission mounts, but just know the car shifts incredibly better than oem, wheel hop is all gone, and it makes the perfect engine note instead of noise now.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
With upgraded mounts, I can hear my turbo now. Worth it just for that.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Thanks for the reminder. Just pulled the trigger on some cp-e 70 durometer mounts. Thought I'd try something a bit different since everyone goes BFI.
Interesting to see how the 70s are! hopefully you hate them and want to trade me for the these bfi stage 1s I have 😂

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Thanks for the reminder. Just pulled the trigger on some cp-e 70 durometer mounts. Thought I'd try something a bit different since everyone goes BFI.
Nice I almost ordered the 55s the other day but waited for someone to try the 70s first.

RTFM

Ready to race!
I know NVH is subjective, but are stage 2 BFI mounts intense with the DSG?
Vibration is only noticeable at idle with A/C on. Noise is noticeable, but it’s not bad. It’s equivalent to getting a slightly louder exhaust

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Why all the sudden interest in CP-E? I thought the BFI’s were understood to be the best option.

because they’re new, utilize a more standard mount design, and have a lifetime replacement warranty. 75A rubber with lifetime replacement is a lot of value for people who A) do their own work, and B) want minimal to no NVH while improving stiffness.

I also think there’s an element of people being “bored” of BFI being the go-to. People want to experiment and see what else is out there. I’ve already had BFI S1 onmy previous car, and am really looking forward toreviews for the CPE’s. I might go that route when the time comes as well, as I plan to own this car for 200K miles so that lifetime replacement provides a lot more value to me than replacing the bushings in my BFI mounts for a cost every 50K.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
Here is my two cents on aftermarket mounts and the soundaktor:

Most people agree the soundaktor is a bit fussy, and no one really likes the idea of fake engine sounds piped into the drivers compartment.

I recently installed BFI stage 1 motor, trans, and pendulum mounts. I also anticipated that the new mounts might make the soundaktor exaggerate the noises it makes. Sure enough after the mounts were installed the soundaktor was super loud. I immediately removed the soundaktor. (Don't get me wrong, I kind of liked the soundaktor previous to the mounts being installed)

Now, with the soundaktor removed and the new engine mounts installed, the additional noise created in the driver's compartment caused by the engine mounts sounds almost exactly like what the soundaktor sounded like before, but a little bit better actually.

Conslusion:
- the soundaktor actually reproduced engine sounds accurately
- the soundaktor is 100% redundant once engine mounts are installed, and should be removed
- oh, and engine mounts really tighten up the feel launches and shifting gears.
- stock mounts are super-sloppy-wheel-hoppy