GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[Mostly solved] Wheel hop

tigeo

Autocross Champion
The settings for XDS/XDS+ are off/standard/weak/medium/strong/ - so where does standard fall?

tigeo

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I still get wheel hop with XDS weak. On XDS weak with ESC completely off and Cobb TC, I don't.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I’ve been experimenting with this too. Not ready to explain my results yet. But when I am I’ll start a new thread.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I still get wheel hop with XDS weak. On XDS weak with ESC completely off and Cobb TC, I don't.
Cobb’s tc is a game changer. It reintroduces the timing it cut so damn quick! The way it works, it really does feel like something you’d expect from vw themself tbh

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
I just did mine and it worked! This was my first change with VCDS, so it took a little time to figure out. I set XDS to weak and turned off startup vibration reduction and startup vibration torque limiting, all at the same time. Wheel hop is drastically reduced. From walking speed on an off-camber slight left bend, the tires spun smoothly and the car drifted off toward the right edge of the road, until I let off and it went the way the wheels were pointed.

Thanks for posting!

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
So im assuming you need to have limited slip in order for this change to work in VCDS/OBDeleven? I have upgraded motor mount/trans mount that solved my wheel hop. However, now I have major wheel spin.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
So im assuming you need to have limited slip in order for this change to work in VCDS/OBDeleven? I have upgraded motor mount/trans mount that solved my wheel hop. However, now I have major wheel spin.
You might benefit from boost by gear. Or tq limiting. It’s the same stuff basically.

you can set it so in first your engine can only ingest 50-70% boost. You can test that out but eventually you might want to set second gear to only ingest 70-80% boost too.

making a fwd car slower in first and second actually makes them accelerate a bit quicker since wheel spin will be non existent.

good tires will let u run less aggressive boost cuts in first and second too. And having an lsd helps too of course.

the is20 just spools way too quick for a fwd launch man

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
You might benefit from boost by gear. Or tq limiting. It’s the same stuff basically.

you can set it so in first your engine can only ingest 50-70% boost. You can test that out but eventually you might want to set second gear to only ingest 70-80% boost too.

making a fwd car slower in first and second actually makes them accelerate a bit quicker since wheel spin will be non existent.

good tires will let u run less aggressive boost cuts in first and second too. And having an lsd helps too of course.

the is20 just spools way too quick for a fwd launch man

im not sure how I can set my boost by gear. I thought I could only change boost by rpm? I have Jb1 for my tune btw.