GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
I added another track outline at the top of the right column. The next new track starts a new column.
2020-09-18 06.18.40.jpg

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
New fmic installed finally

Attachments

• 20200918_205018.jpg
    20200918_205018.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
  • 20200918_205651.jpg
    20200918_205651.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 106

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
New fmic installed finally
I remember doing that same jack thing on mine. Was actually a fun install despite how dreadful the prospect was.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Paid it off. Almost 3 years ahead of schedule.

Now of course I've been doing a lot of window shopping for a golf R. Because that's the next logical step, isn't it?

I'm thinking if I do it, it'd be in the spring. Maybe give the nice example 2018 models a chance to dip under the 30k mark. Or I could go 2017 and maybe find a real bargain.

I wish I knew someone with a stage 2 or higher R who could take me for a drive so I can experience that action. I drove a stock R two years ago when I was shopping. I barely remember how it felt.

I've never seen a single R on the road around here since I've been paying attention to such things. Lots of stock looking gtis but that's about it.

Last edited:

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Track day at Thunderhill East yesterday! Tough conditions being 105F and smoky out but car held up pretty well.

Awesome (y) , sooo jealous I have to get on a race track.:)

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Paid it off. Almost 3 years ahead of schedule.

Now of course I've been doing a lot of window shopping for a golf R. Because that's the next logical step, isn't it?

I'm thinking if I do it, it'd be in the spring. Maybe give the nice example 2018 models a chance to dip under the 30k mark. Or I could go 2017 and maybe find a real bargain.

I wish I knew someone with a stage 2 or higher R who could take me for a drive so I can experience that action. I drove a stock R two years ago when I was shopping. I barely remember how it felt.

I've never seen a single R on the road around here since I've been paying attention to such things. Lots of stock looking gtis but that's about it.
Waiting is probably in your best interest. Lots of dealers pushing inflated prices at the moment.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Waiting is probably in your best interest. Lots of dealers pushing inflated prices at the moment.

I'd go private party sale if at all possible. Not to wish misfortune on others, but the Covid situation could force people who overbought into needing to sell. Even if not, a pp sale should be < dealer price. Plus none of the dealer sale "experience" (hurl).

I'd hold on to the gti for private sale too.

Last edited:

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Witnessed a roller shot of my buddies GTI
B53541B6-8D28-42A3-9563-310C1E7AE836.jpeg

JSil13

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Painted the yellow dipstick black. Kind of stupid, but I disliked the yellow and didn't want to shell out $70 for a billet one. Probably should have gone with matte black instead of semi-gloss, but I can always redo it. I also ordered the lower engine cover and the fusebox/ECU cover from ECS. Still would like to find a battery cover or box that isn't carbon fiber.
IMG_0236.jpeg