Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Which torque arm? Version 1 or 2?

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Which torque arm? Version 1 or 2?
I'm not running their torque arm insert. I'm using 034s insert and the BFI stage 2 engine and trans mounts. The setup has worked really well for me. Been keeping an eye on the 034 insert since they have been known to bend occasionally (but I believe only on cars running the stock trans/engine mounts).

EDIT: You will have to visually check which version of the insert you need for your car since it varies.

Last edited:

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I'm running still BFI stage 2 on both. I see no reason to spend 900 on mounts. I could probably have some made for around that. Or at least retrofit TCR ones

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
I had the full set of Revo mounts on my '16. They were the previous version which used the black rubber bushings. Installing the engine and trans mounts was easy, but replacing the lower puck for the dogbone was a huge PITA. They were good initially, but wore down fairly quickly. Revo has a new version which uses poly bushings. I'd wager that the change was made to increase their lifespan.

On my current '19, I have the BFI Stage 2 engine and trans mounts paired with the 034 dogbone arm with both the upper and lower inserts. This setup feels much better. Wheel hop is almost completely gone, and the drivetrain movement is very minimal.

When going on or off the throttle, I can feel the drivetrain "set" in position, whereas I could feel it wiggle with the old setup. Having the upper and lower dogbone inserts should prevent them from bending. 034 has a good video showing the deflection in the dogbone with just one insert.

NVH is what you would expect from a set of stiff performance mounts. I think it sounds great, there's a certain "mechanical" sound in the cabin from the transmission. It's not for everyone though, if you're concerned about NVH then you'll want a softer set of mounts. If you want performance, then get the stiffest mounts that you can.

Chad1140

Passed Driver's Ed
Reggie, do you think BFI stage 1, upper and lower inserts with the 034 doggone would be good for a daily driver? Better yet pass the significant other test?

Since my car isn't a dedicated track car, if my wife rides in it where there are tons of rattles, I could already hear the complaints. Which is good, cause on a daily driver my wife is the voice of reason being into her Focus ST as well. I could actually understand her becoming less supportive of further mods on the car if it really sacrifices street ability.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
That depends on how much power your car is making and what your end goals are. If you're at stock power and trying to limit drivetrain movement without getting excess NVH, then the upper and lower insert is a good place to start. You'll get a bit of extra NVH, but it's not too bad.

The dogbone arm doesn't really need to be replaced, I just did it for some peace of mind and future proofing since I'm at Stage 2 and getting a hybrid turbo in the future.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
NVH is what you would expect from a set of stiff performance mounts. I think it sounds great, there's a certain "mechanical" sound in the cabin from the transmission. It's not for everyone though, if you're concerned about NVH then you'll want a softer set of mounts. If you want performance, then get the stiffest mounts that you can.

Love the mechanical sound of my new mounts. It is pretty loud and a somewhat harsh metallic sound. Shifting into second gear can sometimes sound like you are rooting through your tool bag for that missing 10mm socket.
There is no added vibration, except with A/C running, but it is minimal. There was quite a bit when the mounts were first installed but after a few hundred miles, it's barely noticeable.
A big bonus is turbo sound. Before the mounts, I could only occasionally pick up a hint of turbo whistle. Now, it's very prominent.

Very happy with upgraded mounts. They really transform the driving experience. FWIW, I got the Torque Solution motor mount, ECS trans mount and Roc Euro dogbone mount.

shlimp

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone have the cp-e motor mounts? They're rubber and have a lifetime warranty. Looks to be priced similarly to the BFI mounts.

https://cp-e.com/shop/product/cp-e-xflex-volkswagen-mk7-driver-side-mount/

https://cp-e.com/shop/product/cp-e-xflex-volkswagen-mk7-passenger-side-mount/
I have the cpe transmission mount. I like it much better than the polyurethane transmission mounts I've had. Much more comfortable but still holds everything in place. Think I got the 75 durometer version.

uranorab8

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
@shlimp thanks! How long have you had them on? There’s not much feedback on them, Seems like they recently just came out for the mk7s. I think I’m going to pick up the softer 55 duro version since this is my daily.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
@shlimp thanks! How long have you had them on? There’s not much feedback on them, Seems like they recently just came out for the mk7s. I think I’m going to pick up the softer 55 duro version since this is my daily.
I wonder how the 55 durometer one compares to the OEM mount.