GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 GTI mk8

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
It's a shame that we don't get the hatch. The M235i is awful to look at. My wife, who had a bunch of BMW's before her current Audi, looked at an M235i in traffic the other day and asked why BMW had made a Corolla. At least the hatch doesn't look as stupid.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
It's a shame that we don't get the hatch. The M235i is awful to look at. My wife, who had a bunch of BMW's before her current Audi, looked at an M235i in traffic the other day and asked why BMW had made a Corolla. At least the hatch doesn't look as stupid.

The Gran Coupe has always been some brain dead designers mistake BMW has continued to push on the populace. But since Audi jumped on the bandwagon with their Sportback's I am sure it is similar to the SUV glut where consumers are morons.

Seriously, I always remember that episode of Top Gear where Jermey is making fun of them. "So they made a 4 door version of a 2 door version of a 4 door car..........."

I really don't like the driving lights on the Mk8, all those individual panels.....it really looks like a Hyundai or Kia design. Not sleek, not clean........just stupid.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i'd pick any forum member here at random and say they could have assisted in designing a better MK8.

Just the same, its like how America has 300 million people and the two electorates for president are THE BEST we got?! I think not!

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
i'd pick any forum member here at random and say they could have assisted in designing a better MK8.

Just the same, its like how America has 300 million people and the two electorates for president are THE BEST we got?! I think not!
You mean the two Candidates, the Electorate is the voters. Just sayin

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Well I'm not mad at that....
Haha, I've liked it from the start. Sometimes people have a hard time seeing what a car will really look like when you only have staged marketing shots. Even the goofy GTI fogs appear to almost disappear in real world photos and look fine. Is there a lot of grill? Yep, but it's not a Lexus or G80 M3 scary sort of thing.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Do all British journalists/tv presenters talk like this or did Top Gear try to find someone who sounded like/speaks like Clarkson and/or Hammond?
When I first started watching the video I was thinking "man this feels like an old Top Gear episode" and then I noticed that it was.
I have not watched a single episode of Top Gear since the cast change...

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Do all British journalists/tv presenters talk like this or did Top Gear try to find someone who sounded like/speaks like Clarkson and/or Hammond?
When I first started watching the video I was thinking "man this feels like an old Top Gear episode" and then I noticed that it was.
I have not watched a single episode of Top Gear since the cast change...
This is the online side of top gear, I think he’s the online magazine editor.

Ostateballer

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S PP/LP
I have to say I haven’t kept up on the mk8 since some of the leaks and initial videos, but I am really liking it from this video. The white looks great.

However, the functionality of the steering wheel and infotainment looks to be a downgrade.

Last edited: