GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOLD. Active Information Display for VW MK7/7.5 Golf/GTI/R/E-Golf with Bezel. SOLD

Bf2x2

Car(s)
Golf 7
I have for sale in excellent condition a used AID 5G1 920 795 B with Bezel 5G0 857 059 B. This will work with MK7/MK7.5 Golf/GTI/R/E-Golf with either MIB2 or MIB2.5 unit. This has been taken from a 2019 E-Golf with 5850km. Everything works. I am not installing in my MK7 Golf as my wife now prefers analog cluster over a digital one. Asking $500 (plus shipping extra) for both display and the bezel, and willing to ship within Canada. Just need it gone. Kindly pm me. Thank you.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 151
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 134

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Sure. No rush, I'm on the fence but I'm curious what it would cost to get the part here. I've got a local shop with ODIS access that does pretty decent labor rates, so I'm thinking I could have it installed for a decent price.

I'll Pm with shipping address for the quote.

neogeo

Go Kart Newbie
Posting a quick review of my interaction with this individual. I’ve purchased many items from this forum with no issues. This was my first strange experience.

Seller refused to used PayPal which should have set off a red flag for me. I agreed to use E-transfer. I never use this service.

When we finally attempted to conduct the E-transfer, seller claimed that he did not receive the transfer email. He did mention that I could stop the transfer, as I was willing to wait for it to go through and for him to post the goods thereafter.

We agreed to reconnect after work to try again. The same day and the day after I tried to contact him, but I received no response. Not sure what happened here, but he Has completely avoided me. I don’t think I did anything to offend him or that I was rude in any way.

I did notice, during the e-transfer, that his email extension was @yahoo.co.in which I thought was weird. Again, perhaps stupidly, I ignored this. Not sure if I was being drawn into some sort of e-transfer fraud. So far nothing bad has happened.

I hope this was nothing more than the fact the seller changed his mind, which he has every right to do. Just figured I’d put the warning out in case anyone else decides to contact this seller. Proceed with some caution.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Posting a quick review of my interaction with this individual. I’ve purchased many items from this forum with no issues. This was my first strange experience.

Seller refused to used PayPal which should have set off a red flag for me. I agreed to use E-transfer. I never use this service.

When we finally attempted to conduct the E-transfer, seller claimed that he did not receive the transfer email. He did mention that I could stop the transfer, as I was willing to wait for it to go through and for him to post the goods thereafter.

We agreed to reconnect after work to try again. The same day and the day after I tried to contact him, but I received no response. Not sure what happened here, but he Has completely avoided me. I don’t think I did anything to offend him or that I was rude in any way.

I did notice, during the e-transfer, that his email extension was @yahoo.co.in which I thought was weird. Again, perhaps stupidly, I ignored this. Not sure if I was being drawn into some sort of e-transfer fraud. So far nothing bad has happened.

I hope this was nothing more than the fact the seller changed his mind, which he has every right to do. Just figured I’d put the warning out in case anyone else decides to contact this seller. Proceed with some caution.
let us know how it goes. i have access toan egolf cluster but never pulled the trigger because i wasn’t sure how it would work in a golf r

Bf2x2

Car(s)
Golf 7

Hi,

I would like to start by saying this is really uncalled for. First off, I have communicated with neogeo with over 39 text messages and several calls (~30 mins each) regarding the cluster. We discussed about how we got into retrofitting, how I got the cluster, geeking out about recent and future mods, and I even forward name of the person who is willing to code the cluster in Toronto. I have been more than accommodating with neogeo and even reduced to price with free shipping so that I can help a fellow forum member. I have however requested not using paypal because I am not comfortable with accepting third party payment. I have had bad experience using paypal before with a family member and hence requested etransfer. I have done etransfer many times here at the forum and I have not have any issues yet; And I have used "@yahoo.co.in" to accept etransfer exclusively. "@yahoo.co.in" was linked to my bank account when I came to Canada >15yrs back and never changed it because I never had any issue with it. On the other hand, the fact that neogeo claims he has never used etransfer in Ontario, Canada is rather strange. As I can still recall, we are still living in a pandemic and etransfer is here to stay; I order takeaway and pizza using etransfer in my city all the time. And I understood neogeo`s hesitation (frankly, I would do the same) of sending etransfer to a strange person, and so suggested to meet in person halfway (between us) so that we can exchange cash and cluster at the same time without having issues. But neogeo declined.

Regarding the actual transfer, I have gone to the post office twice and each time neogeo has not completed the etransfer. I was respectful twice and let neogeo know in advance when I will be at the post office and to only send the etransfer once I am at the post office, so that I can send the mailing receipt post haste via text so that my responsibility is done, and that I have completed the transaction at the same time. The first time, neogeo was in traffic and he informed about his delay after an hour when we were supposed to connect. The second time I informed him 40 mins in advance during a work week at lunch time. He was late again by 9 mins (how hard is it to be on time!) and I sat in my car in front of the post office through the whole ordeal of neogeo figuring out (>30mins) and sending the etransfer, and ultimately unable to complete the transaction. I actually requested him to cancel the etransfer because I had to head back to work; which was way past lunch time, and that I will not be able to ship that day. I ended up waiting for neogeo to cancel the etransfer (another few mins) and requested to confirm the cancellation before ending the call. BTW I did not get either the "etransfer sent" email or the "etransfer cancellation" email as of today.

I understand that we all are busy with life and work, but selling parts on forums should not be this hard. I have offered alternate means to complete the sale but neogeo was only willing to do paypal. I respectfully declined his offer initially but neogeo responded back after few days and wished to complete the sale using etransfer, and so I sweetened the deal by reducing the price of cluster and offered free shipping (express post; two days business).

When I am respectful with others time, I would expect some courtesy extended back (or atleast sort out the etransfer issue before hand if you have not used etransfer before). Arriving/being late is a way of saying that your time is more valuable than the time of the person who waited for you. And being rude need not be the way you talk with the other person, it`s the action which can be deduced as being rude.

This forum has been very helpful to me for everything mk7 golf and I have always looked up to senior forum members for advice and networking. I have paid for services and parts at this forum, and offered renting tools (albeit at nominal fee) to other forum members as well using etransfer. This is really disappointing and disheartening that neogeo did not post the complete story here. And Yes, I have changed my mind about selling the cluster to him.

I would post a response in kindness; kindly proceed with caution with neogeo. He wasted my time twice (while I literally sat in my car in front of the post office after I informed in advance and confirmed each time to connect) and ended up being criticized by neogeo to be prudent with selling him a part at discounted price and free two day shipping with tracking. Don`t be neogeo, be better than neogeo.