GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Drove to Fastenal in search of rivet nuts... Nope, they're closed to the public. You have to order online and they put it in a locker out front. That would be great if I knew exactly what I was looking for. (n)

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
It's pretty staggering how much a new coolant bubble cleans up the engine bay. Good way to spend $15
They're $50 from stealership for me... sigh

RockAuto?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Drove to Fastenal in search of rivet nuts... Nope, they're closed to the public. You have to order online and they put it in a locker out front. That would be great if I knew exactly what I was looking for. (n)
McMaster-carr is probably cheaper

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I'm done with Rock Auto after last night finding BOTH of the reman Centric calipers I just bought 2 weeks ago leaking from the pistons. How the hell does that even happen? They want me to ship them back on my dime for inspection and after they're inspected MAYBE they'll warranty them??? And it'll take weeks before I have working calipers again? No thanks. I'm going to cut my losses and buy napa remans, at least I can exchange the core on these and be up and running today.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I'm done with Rock Auto after last night finding BOTH of the reman Centric calipers I just bought 2 weeks ago leaking from the pistons. How the hell does that even happen? They want me to ship them back on my dime for inspection and after they're inspected MAYBE they'll warranty them??? And it'll take weeks before I have working calipers again? No thanks. I'm going to cut my losses and buy napa remans, at least I can exchange the core on these and be up and running today.
wtf

Ever have any issues with Partsgeek?

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion

I've had really bad luck with reman stuff. In the past reman was a good way to save money. Since the reman stuff is being done off shore the quality has dropped. Not everything is bad, but it sucks when it happens.

I had 2 reman brake calipers go bad on me in short order. Lucky for me I bought them locally so they gave me another one & it leaked too. Ended up buy new ones for more money, but they worked.

Jay the cheapest way to ship yours back would be using a USPS flat rate box. That is if USPS is still a thing.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I've had really bad luck with reman stuff. In the past reman was a good way to save money. Since the reman stuff is being done off shore the quality has dropped. Not everything is bad, but it sucks when it happens.

I had 2 reman brake calipers go bad on me in short order. Lucky for me I bought them locally so they gave me another one & it leaked too. Ended up buy new ones for more money, but they worked.

Jay the cheapest way to ship yours back would be using a USPS flat rate box. That is if USPS is still a thing.
This is the first time having an issue, I've used local remans for a long time. I learned today that they have basically the cheapest bidder doing the rebuilds with whatever rebuild kit you purchase from rock auto. So me thinking Centric was rebuilding these, it's just their parts probably rebuilt by some 10 year old chinese boy.

torga

Autocross Champion
McMaster-carr is probably cheaper
It's just annoying ordering from them when it's for personal stuff because they never tell you how much shipping is until after you place the order. For work though? Order that shit, ion care, there's a PO.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I’m getting flashed to the current APR Stage 1 with CAI file, and getting the Stage 2 file backup in mere minutes. 😁

smanierre

Autocross Champion
They're $50 from stealership for me... sigh

RockAuto?
I ordered from FCP with the hopes I have the car long enough for it to go bad again and I can warranty it. I had a credit in there for some reason so I ended up not paying anything for a brand new OEM one 🤷‍♂️

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Try putting the right tune on it first and report back
N4UPDATES

Yep it was the tune. Flashed Stage 2+ today and she fucking rips!!!!!! Went to put gas in it and took her for a 2 hour joy ride. Got on the highway and holy hell does it fucking pull after 90!!! Before it would just fall on it's face. Doing 70-80 and down shifting into 5th and punching it was intoxicating.

I am getting a constant whistle when on throttle, not sure if that is normal. I did flash the 3800 rpm launch control tune but did not try it out yet. Gonna change the oil then go back to ripping on it.