GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can we talk logistics of FCPEuro's "Lifetime Replacement"?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
For the Liquimoly oil change kits, I use the larger USPS flat rate box, it's $21. It fits perfectly with a little Tetris skill. I put the oil jugs back in the HD plastic bag they come in and zip tie it. You can also chuck in your wiper blades. Anymore than that, and you need a bigger box. You just need to have a strategy to make sure you are maximizing return shipping. I would probably toss in plugs in that box as well. When this topic comes up, someone always can't get why they do this and how they manage to still make money. It's simple. 1) v. few take advantage of it due to the items outlined in this thread and 2) while you are shopping there, you are buying other things like additives for instance that aren't covered or things that will never be replaced in the life of the vehicle ownership (possibly brakes etc.). So in the end, it does cost them something but it's a lot less than folks think AND they make far more than they loose off the secondary effects of a program like this - you don't offer this if you loose money.

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Clearly the $150 plug set being discussed is the NGK Racing variety and that's a great deal if you replace them regularly AND combine shipping with your oil changes, wipers, and cabin filters etc.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Nah Jim, that’s each on NGK-R’s.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I didn’t look at the link just the part #s
“4 x 7437-8s or 7437-9s”

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I don't bother with oil or wipers. I do with brake fluid and rotors. I wish they had more than just DS2500 in my caliper though, I'd do pads too. I plan on buying my IS38 and clutch items from them too, since I'm planning on keeping this car. I'll probably do plug too.

cb1111

For the Liquimoly oil change kits, I use the larger USPS flat rate box, it's $21. It fits perfectly with a little Tetris skill. I put the oil jugs back in the HD plastic bag they come in and zip tie it. You can also chuck in your wiper blades. Anymore than that, and you need a bigger box. You just need to have a strategy to make sure you are maximizing return shipping. I would probably toss in plugs in that box as well. When this topic comes up, someone always can't get why they do this and how they manage to still make money. It's simple. 1) v. few take advantage of it due to the items outlined in this thread and 2) while you are shopping there, you are buying other things like additives for instance that aren't covered or things that will never be replaced in the life of the vehicle ownership (possibly brakes etc.). So in the end, it does cost them something but it's a lot less than folks think AND they make far more than they loose off the secondary effects of a program like this - you don't offer this if you loose money.
You're not supposed to ship used oil in the mail as it is both a hazmat and flammable. In addition, the packaging doesn't meet the requirements for mailing.

From the EPA:

"Any oil that has been refined from crude oil, or any synthetic oil, that has been used and as a result of such use is contaminated by physical or chemical impurities is "used oil." Recycled used oil is regulated in 40 CFR Part 261.6(a)(4) regardless of whether or not it exhibits a characteristic. Used oil that can't be recycled and is disposed of or sent for disposal must be managed in accordance with all applicable solid and hazardous waste requirements. Check your state program to see if your state is authorized for the Part 279 regulations. "

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
You're not supposed to ship used oil in the mail as it is both a hazmat and flammable. In addition, the packaging doesn't meet the requirements for mailing.

From the EPA:

"Any oil that has been refined from crude oil, or any synthetic oil, that has been used and as a result of such use is contaminated by physical or chemical impurities is "used oil." Recycled used oil is regulated in 40 CFR Part 261.6(a)(4) regardless of whether or not it exhibits a characteristic. Used oil that can't be recycled and is disposed of or sent for disposal must be managed in accordance with all applicable solid and hazardous waste requirements. Check your state program to see if your state is authorized for the Part 279 regulations. "

Who says they're not recycling the oil you send back to them?

cb1111

His issue is you shouldn't ship mail used oil.
Fixed your post.:)

Think of the mess a bottle of used oil will make if it leaks. Those are the reasons that DOT has hazmat packaging rules, the EPA defines the products and USPS says what can be mailed.

As far as oil analysis is concerned, I recall getting a bottle, a bag and a mailing box from Blackstone to send the sample. That is far different from sending a big jug of used oil in a box not intended for shipping hazmat