GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Ran the cable to relocate my battery in the trunk. Went through the same hole that the wiring harness goes through. Per zef, I have a 140amp circuit breaker and a distribution block coming in hopefully this coming week which should make hooking up the cable to the existing wires fairly simple. I've also started thinking about my trunk setup and i'm gonna fill in the spare tire well with foam to make it nice and flat and then make a new custom false floor since mine is all bent up and soaked in oil. I'm thinking of just using some spray foam insulation to fill up the space then shave it to how I need it and cut out a space for the battery. Here's my super clean setup as is.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
@Allchokedup your post just disappeared? I had to order a smaller chisel, the ones I had were too big and weren’t useful. I’m ordering a better quality solid piece center punch to do the other side, that with the 1/4” chisel should make quick work of it.

Also, I have a couple of kids that need my attention, so it can be difficult to get to the garage. I certainly haven’t put that many hours into this project, I’m just making fun of myself because this is taking so damn long.
Yea, I deleted it. Didn't want to be a "told you so"

Last edited:

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Nah man, it’s all good. You were right, the chisel did most of the work.... after I got one that would fit.
And I understand about garage time. I actually sold MY dream car due to marriage and children. I have 4 sons all of which have moved out except my 12 yr old. Its really frustrating even trying to work on something as you get balls deep in it you get distracted.
I used to get up at 5 am on the weekends and get out there to get shit done.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
And I understand about garage time. I actually sold MY dream car due to marriage and children. I have 4 sons all of which have moved out except my 12 yr old. Its really frustrating even trying to work on something as you get balls deep in it you get distracted.

Can we guess what your dream car was?

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Yeah I might have to start doing that. Thankfully the wife generally doesn’t mind, but neither of the kids are in school yet and for her sanity I try to give her a break when I can.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Sir, you can do any gotdamn thing you want.

Yes, if you guess it i will tell.
It was a Peel P50, I won't believe you if you tell me i'm wrong

smanierre

Autocross Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion