GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
I'd love to offer suggestions, but if you've taken the thing to multiple shops and they've failed.... there's probably nothing I could say that would help. lol

If it ends up not working out and you find a replacement caliper I can say that it can be really, really satisfying to hit stubborn things with a hammer. For that kind of brake caliper I'd recommend a 3 lb sledge.
I’m open to anything at this point to be honest! Really want to make these work haha.

Any worries about the caliper itself cracking if I hit it with that kind of sledge hammer?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Another one

6552C987-3282-49A7-A6BF-AEF7C7B36E50.jpeg

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I’m open to anything at this point to be honest! Really want to make these work haha.

Any worries about the caliper itself cracking if I hit it with that kind of sledge hammer?
Well, if you use a sledge cracking it into a bunch of small pieces is a part of the therapy. 😁

I guess at this point it seems like your best bet is to get a drill press with the best drill bits you can buy, a can of cutting fluid, and just spend some time carefully drilling it out. I can’t imagine a bleeder valve can’t be cut up by a good drill, the metal they’re made of can’t be THAT hard can it?

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
A1B5327E-4C8D-431C-9A02-8FDA2D0B36DC.jpeg

AD2D4E37-C465-4E0E-ADBE-63CAE54CFBF4.jpeg

Well, I tried heat cycling again and still no luck getting anything to move at all...

I kinda listened to MrFancyPants and got a bit mad at it and started hammering a punch right down the middle so you can sort of see the broken-off hardened steel extractor bit pushed further in. Hopefully I can maybe get another bit in there now?? You can start to see some wear from the shops being rough too, so many new scratches :(

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Hopefully you're not bringing the Taco for service at the same place that botched a water pump replacement 3 times in a row.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Tried to determine what that little whistle/hum/whine is right when the turbo goes from suck to blow............

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Tried to determine what that little whistle/hum/whine is right when the turbo goes from suck to blow............
Sounds like a problem usually caused by certain intake/dv combinations

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Sounds like a problem usually caused by certain intake/dv combinations

APR intake and I think stock DV, the seller didn't list it in the long list of upgrades. I'm not certain if it just started or if it's been there all along and I just never noticed because I always have music on. Just started noticing recently after I started commuting a longer distance and talking to the wife on the way home for a bit. With the music off it's very noticeable, and now that I know to listen to it I can hear it under the music.

My first thought was DV, especially if it is stock, but if it was leaking I would expect to have at least some boost issue and the P3 shows boosting to 27 and 28 and feels like it holds. Haven't had a chance to log anything yet. but I am shopping for DVs anyway. LOL

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I don't think it's usually from leaking, just the way air passes over it and how it echoes/resonates throughout the intake

torga

Autocross Champion

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Whelp, my monstrous rotors just came in renewing my motivation to get the F/R 18z on... Shout out to Detroit Axle for the lowest prices and free shipping, Rock Auto couldn’t even touch these prices. Very impressed.

7CD518B2-1A32-4B58-A62C-E735BFED8B5C.jpeg

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Whelp, my monstrous rotors just came in renewing my motivation to get the F/R 18z on... Shout out to Detroit Axle for the lowest prices and free shipping, Rock Auto couldn’t even touch these prices. Very impressed.

View attachment 182817
312mm fronts?