GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Recent MPG Results

jhd

I did this last month:

20200726_103134.jpg

Which translated to 38.3 MPG. 428.4 miles / 11.184 gallons = 38.30 MPG. This was a trial run since I already driven 50 miles before
starting out and used the AC on the return trip back.

Second try completed on Aug 4th:

20200804_095725.jpg

This time it was 40.63 MPG. 456.8 / 11.242 gallons = 40.63 MPG. This time it was cooler and did not use AC. Low fuel indicator came
on at 448 miles with 60 mile range. After filling up the range went to 545 miles.

This is a 2017 GTI S with 6 speed manual on factory Pirelli tires inflated to 35 PSI. A ScanGauge II was used to monitor the results
along the way.

Will be going the opposite way on MPG by attending an AutoX this weekend! :D

jhd

I did a loop from Statesboro to Millen, Sylvania and Waynesboro, GA. All four towns are connected by divided 4 lane highways
which makes it easy to maintain a steady speed and not have to worry about traffic.

mike-y

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI / 2016 R
what was your target cruising speed, 55mph? I have a 9 hour trip coming up later this month, and may finally be able to drive through full tank of gas on only the highway.

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
I’m not doing so well lol 33k miles. Stage 2 UM tunes DSG , down pipe and intercooler. Best I’ve got is 320 out of a tank. I thought my MPG wouldn’t be this bad but it is. I haven’t done any long road trips and been easy on the loud pedal either. Usually at 3/4 to WOT 🤣😂🤣

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Nice! I've been averaging between 38 and 39mpg as indicated (and as calculated at the pump) between Charleston, SC and Charlotte, NC. All highway pretty much, 75mph cruising whole time.
This is with the 7 speed DSG. Honestly couldn't believe it when I looked up what the car was rated to do

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
My bad... didn't mean to offend you, Jimmy. Would you like me to delete the post?

Oh and welcome to the forum also. Obviously you were the one offended that I would point out that 47 miles of driving is not an accurate MPG test. Glad to see that you're off to a great start in the forum.

REKOJ

Car(s)
'19 GTI
Oh and welcome to the forum also. Obviously you were the one offended that I would point out that 47 miles of driving is not an accurate MPG test. Glad to see that you're off to a great start in the forum.
37.... It was 37 miles of driving, Jimmy.
No, seriously... as you stated I am new here. I hate to make bad first impressions. This was actually my first post. Should I delete the post?Was it offensive? I can grab a higher mile photo if that would make for a better stay for me here.
***Many apologies to the OP that the relevancy of my post was brought into question. The "My Recent MPG results" thread title led me to believe the photo was fitting...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
No, seriously... as you stated I am new here. I hate to make bad first impressions. This was actually my first post. Should I delete the post?Was it offensive? I can grab a higher mile photo if that would make for a better stay for me here.
***Many apologies to the OP that the relevancy of my post was brought into question. The "My Recent MPG results" thread title led me to believe the photo was fitting...

Thanks for the correction on the miles. No you don't need to delete the post. Your post wasn't offensive but your reaction to me noticing that it wasn't a large enough number of miles to represent a reasonable MPG result was. You can post anything you want. However you will get feedback on your posts and reacting the way you did won't help.

By the way I don't mind you calling me Jimmy.

And for what it's worth the built in fuel mileage numbers are always incorrect. The only way to be accurate is to calculate the actual MPG. I fill up everyday and the car says X number of miles per gallon and it's always high by approximately 2.3 MPG compared to actual calculations as is others who calculate it.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
You don't come close to achieving what the OP did with 37 miles. Not the same league, not even the same ballpark. Also try and relax a little.