GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR No Longer Providing Stage 2 Tunes After Labour Day. Other Tuners to Follow

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
There's been no new EPA laws that have changed that were announced at least. And the current administration isn't exactly emissions friendly. Has APR offered an explanation?

MK7 AP2

Go Kart Newbie
Evans Tuning got hit with nearly a million dollar fine in 2017 and they were a small operation compared to APR. It's probably a good idea to not explicitly advertise tunes that by definition defeat emission requirements.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Evans Tuning got hit with nearly a million dollar fine in 2017 and they were a small operation compared to APR. It's probably a good idea to not explicitly advertise tunes that by definition defeat emission requirements.

Who is Evans Tuning and how do you know the fine they paid had an emissions related basis? If they advertised that their tunes defeated emission standards they deserved to be fined. Most tunes will pass emissions because they don't base emissions on wide open throttle and tunes when not on wide open throttle keep the AFR where it should be on modern cars.

MK7 AP2

Go Kart Newbie
I think you are missing the point, it doesn't matter how "clean" the tune is. Replacing a cat is technically illegal and an "off road use only" disclaimer likely won't work if the EPA wants to make an example of you. I'm just saying it's in the best interest of APR, from a legal standpoint, to not specifically advertise the tunes designed to eliminate secondary 02.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
lmao, car exhausts do absolutely nothing to the environment compared to tires and cows. That shit has already been proven. This is a pointless move.

Cozmo58

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk
No one cared about this till the diesel guys were rolling coal. That upset your everyday person who started complaining. EPA came down on diesel and other tuners know their days are probably numbered now.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
No one cared about this till the diesel guys were rolling coal. That upset your everyday person who started complaining. EPA came down on diesel and other tuners know their days are probably numbered now.
I have to say I agree with you. I have a 2017 RAM3500 Cummins diesel and it’s completely deleted and tuned from 9k miles. I’m tuned using EZlynk and Hardway performance tunes. In the diesel trucks it’s all about the proper tune. I have 4 tunes. Not one rolls coal. All spotless clean tunes with zero black smoke. Even the 190horsepower tune. These kids buy a smarty tuner off eBay because it’s cheap and they over fuel the trucks causing that black smoke. They run around abusing it and think it’s fun. Ruining it for guys like me who deleted the truck to save motor issues and reliability later down the road. It only takes a small percentage of people to ruin it for everyone else unfortunately. Now I believe it’s a snatch n grab so the epa can cash in on these companies because they have lost a lot of funding in the past few years. Hopefully they leave us car guys alone.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn