GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buying golf R mk7

RennWerks

Go Kart Newbie
Swanny, I assume you're searching for a previously owned R? (I ask because I'm pretty sure -- having searched -- there aren't any new ones available.)

Swanny

Car(s)
Golf R
Looking to purchase a previously owned Golf R mk7 because I'm not familiar with the VW I just wanted to know if I should look out for anything.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
ya gotta luv these drive bys with vague questions who dont take the time to look at the vast amount of info on this forum and others the golf r is a great mature platform but when you say mk7 it matters which years early 2015's had turbo issues but if there's a warranty left it's covered there's issues with the thermostat housing causing minor to major leaks but that's been a problem for several generations that's never been fixed lots of small niggling issues like creaky console armrests leaky speaker seals just general dumb stuff like that but in general the mk7 is a mature solid platform maintenance may be higher than you expect as there's lots of things to service on an R but if you do it yourself its not expensive you need to stay on top of maintenance on this platform it's not a honda parts prices are not cheap but most can be bought online for less there's also a robust aftermarket for OEM replacement and performance parts in general if you don't know the platform you should have a VW indie mechanic give the candidate a once over before shelling out the cash good luck shopping bye

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
ya gotta luv these drive bys with vague questions who dont take the time to look at the vast amount of info on this forum and others the golf r is a great mature platform but when you say mk7 it matters which years early 2015's had turbo issues but if there's a warranty left it's covered there's issues with the thermostat housing causing minor to major leaks but that's been a problem for several generations that's never been fixed lots of small niggling issues like creaky console armrests leaky speaker seals just general dumb stuff like that but in general the mk7 is a mature solid platform maintenance may be higher than you expect as there's lots of things to service on an R but if you do it yourself its not expensive you need to stay on top of maintenance on this platform it's not a honda parts prices are not cheap but most can be bought online for less there's also a robust aftermarket for OEM replacement and performance parts in general if you don't know the platform you should have a VW indie mechanic give the candidate a once over before shelling out the cash good luck shopping bye

Here, you can borrow some commas and periods: ...... ,,,,,,,

:LOL: