GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BBS bankrupt

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Also read recently that VW is now the most indebted car company. 192 BILLION dollars in debt. That's kind of hard to believe, but most of the other big car companies aren't far behind.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Also read recently that VW is now the most indebted car company. 192 BILLION dollars in debt. That's kind of hard to believe, but most of the other big car companies aren't far behind.
Dieselgate was a huge financial hit.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Dieselgate was a huge financial hit.

This......I had my TDI bought back for MORE than I paid for it, and then received an additional $500+ check sent to me afterwards.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
This......I had my TDI bought back for MORE than I paid for it, and then received an additional $500+ check sent to me afterwards.

After how many years of ownership? Lol. That’s the craziest part. People were getting more than they paid for the car 3 years after buying them. That’s a free car for 3 years, and all that money back at once to put down on the next

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
They’d sell more wheels if they weren’t so incredibly expensive.

lol seriously. I always think this about VW parts at the dealer, like wheels. One (1) Austin is $450 at a VW dealer. Aren’t they aware of the concept of price elasticity? They’d sell more wheels direct if they’d create reasonable pricing structures.

Same goes for BBS. Sorry, I’ll never pay 3K for your gaudy, tacky, flashy bullshit. Their designs are foul anyway

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
After how many years of ownership? Lol. That’s the craziest part. People were getting more than they paid for the car 3 years after buying them. That’s a free car for 3 years, and all that money back at once to put down on the next
LOL...I only owned that joker for about 9 months.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion

I bought my 2014 JSW TDI new, put 64,000 miles on it, and sold it back for full price. Like @swcrow, I got another $550 from the Bosch settlement. I was out of work at the time, so I bought a used 2009 GTI and put the rest in the bank. That car had the early TSI timing chain tensioner issue, which I caught before the motor exploded. There was a class action lawsuit and I got reimbursed for that repair 100%.

VW. The gift that keeps on giving.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Third time filing for bankruptcy when the last one was less than a decade ago? Seems like this is part if their long term strategy.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I bought my 2014 JSW TDI new, put 64,000 miles on it, and sold it back for full price. Like @swcrow, I got another $550 from the Bosch settlement. I was out of work at the time, so I bought a used 2009 GTI and put the rest in the bank. That car had the early TSI timing chain tensioner issue, which I caught before the motor exploded. There was a class action lawsuit and I got reimbursed for that repair 100%.

VW. The gift that keeps on giving.

:ROFLMAO: , amazing. I need to work for VW marketing, "hey, lets just sell a shi-ton of Arteons. We'll be out of debt in no time".