GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diggs24 Build Thread - "Tapioca XL"

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Some more times, took one out to 110. Think I'm going to move boost up a bit so it peaks at 4500 instead of 5k, I think it cuts too much WG after shift as target is lower than at redline and boost sometimes suffers. Should be able to hit sub 4sec at 100 and 110 a few tenths faster.

Consistent 60-100 on those 2 pulls.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Too many bored cops out lately. Probably trying to make up for lost tax revenue. Should probably invest in a radar detector.

At that speed a radar detector won't save you. Especially the instant on radar.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
At that speed a radar detector won't save you. Especially the instant on radar.

Good point. Just keep using my brain and eyes I guess.

any 60-130?

I guess I have this one back when I was HPFP/LPFP on E50. Overpass and a hill ruined it. Second run I ran the LPFP out of fuel, misfired, disabled cylinders and I went gun-shy for awhile.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Noticed some surging at cold start. Only thing I can see in data is it commanding rich to warm up the cat but it isn't going rich. Once SAI stops pulling air the surging stops. I didn't want to tear into it to see what the issue was and with no emissions here I don't care if SAI functions. I pulled the plug to the SAI pump control valve on the side of the block. No more surging. We'll see if that triggers a CEL. Should be able to code it out with Eurodyne if needed. VCDS scan shows no issues though so it must have been an air leak somewhere along the system.

https://datazap.me/u/diggs24/log-1594950128?log=0&data=8-9&zoom=11-140

First real issue with the car (aside from the front door losing one-touch once in awhile). Was probably caused by me though.

Also, the stock airbox was rubbing on my EQT charge pipe hose at the back left corner so I used a dremel to shave it down and then sanded it smooth.