GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

19 R vs 20 Supra and 20 Model 3 Performance

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Finally got my new car to the track. Still a work in progress but happy with early results.

Wasn't worried about reaction time/h2h result so the Supra got a pretty good jump on me.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah that hole shot the Supra got was the difference. What mods do you have?

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Yeah that hole shot the Supra got was the difference. What mods do you have?

yup. My ET was almost a half second quicker and trap speed was 3mph faster so I'm happy w the result.

jb4, dbv2 inlet pipe and revo downpipe. i have an intercooler and mounts ready to go on just haven't found the time. My manual R trapped 116 with this setup (including the ic and mounts) so there should be some room for improvement.

PicositoGTi

Go Kart Champion
yup. My ET was almost a half second quicker and trap speed was 3mph faster so I'm happy w the result.

jb4, dbv2 inlet pipe and revo downpipe. i have an intercooler and mounts ready to go on just haven't found the time. My manual R trapped 116 with this setup (including the ic and mounts) so there should be some room for improvement.
Nice Man! You trapped 116 on 93 fuel? Full weight R?

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Rear seat was out and e30ish. Not sure either really had any impact... 60 pounds and the same jb4 map I used for 93. Car was a beast on the top end.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Stock Supra is so damn fast. And to think 2021 is even faster!

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
That’s a slowwwww trap
Wonder why that Supra is so slow if running piggy back.

Good run BTW.

not sure. Don’t think it was a track issue, my buddys Tesla was knocking on the model 3 record (according to him) all night. That was his best run all night too. He’s getting a downpipe so I’ll probably run him again in the fall when things cool down.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Yeah, not to be a magazine racer, but a stock Supra can do quarter mile at below times:

12.3 sec @ 119mph (Car & Driver)
12.5 sec @ 111mph (MT)

With a JB4 on 93 octane it should be in the high 11's.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Yeah, not to be a magazine racer, but a stock Supra can do quarter mile at below times:

12.3 sec @ 119mph (Car & Driver)
12.5 sec @ 111mph (MT)

With a JB4 on 93 octane it should be in the high 11's.

Are those 2020 or 21s? They got a big power bump year two.