GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Convert a High Pro MIB2 (Harman) to a MIB2.5 (Harman) and read a 9.2 inch screen!

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Someone from the forum managed to convert the MIB2 Pro (Harman) 3G0, into MIB2.5 (Harman) 5NA.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
When you say "convert" do you mean a hardware change or do you mean they are able to get the 9.2" screen working on an MIB 2 unit? I believe forum member Chillout was able to get the 9.2" screen working on MIB 2 but I have not heard of any conversion.

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
When you say "convert" do you mean a hardware change or do you mean they are able to get the 9.2" screen working on an MIB 2 unit? I believe forum member Chillout was able to get the 9.2" screen working on MIB 2 but I have not heard of any conversion.

I was unable to locate the Chillout forum! You have the Link!

Matthewstage

Hello all and special to @simaservis1108 , i had bought a few weeks ago a mib 2.5 unit 5na035020d from a crashed tcr and also the screen 5g6919605 b from another scrapyard (the one i bought came from a flooded car and im unable to try with this one because it wont work also with my mib1 stock)
Im intending to retrofit my 2013 golf but now im stucked because the screen is out and the mib2.5 doesnt shows up in my stock screen of 5.8 (no lines or half screen..black like an ass hole...)
The mib2.5 looks like it wants to start but it wont...the fan is not working and the unit looks like get hot and the optical sensor in back blinks...¿do you know if there are any possibilitie that the unit is ok and have a fuse inside out or maybe have to do a sequence to restart it? at least i want it to shows up in my 5.8 to know that i can codify and buy another screen of 8"....
Sorry for my awful english and i hope you can help mw with this paperweights....
Hope are people here and yours are alright these days!!

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
That is normal behaviour of MIB2 unit.
If unit spins fan fully,unit is in bootloader which would be bad for you.
MIB2.5 would give image only on 5G6919606 screen.

Matthewstage

That is normal behaviour of MIB2 unit.
If unit spins fan fully,unit is in bootloader which would be bad for you.
MIB2.5 would give image only on 5G6919606 screen.

thanks a lot for the information!
I attach the errors that i got on odis just in case you can confirm me that theres nothing to be worried!
Could be possible if the optical circuit is open the unit wont start? Maybe i have to loop it in order to make it work properly?
So my 5na035020d wont work fine with the 8” 5G6919605B??
I just want to know also if its possible to try the mib2.5 in my 5.8” screen just to test if it send any video....in order to buy then another screen
This mib2.5 cames from a tcr with digital dash,dynaudio,etc and i have basic 2013 1.6tdi...maybe the configuration that unit have wont allow to start in my car?
sorry again for my english and really thanks a lot for your help @simaservis1108

Attachments

• 14B2C154-37F7-4D04-AB40-E65AF268B580.jpeg
    14B2C154-37F7-4D04-AB40-E65AF268B580.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 567

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
Its normal operation unit,not coded and CP on.

Get a screen from that car,and usb port also.
You can also take virtual cockpit and put in your car if you want :)