GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sportwagen/Alltrack specific forum?

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Is this something the powers that be might consider here? The one one Vortex seems busy, but I much prefer the vibe here..

If this has already been discussed, my apologies...

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Most Sportwagen/Alltrack discussion already falls under the Golf Engine section. It's the same 1.8 between the wagons and the TSI hatch after all.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Most Sportwagen/Alltrack discussion already falls under the Golf Engine section. It's the same 1.8 between the wagons and the TSI hatch after all.

Yes, but that is mainly engine related, not a lot of suspension or styling, etc which is unique to the wago(e)n..

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Plenty of wagon enthusiasts here, too. Although it would be nice to have our own area, we get by without one.

A-A-Ron

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Alltrack S 6MT
I like this idea, but have to wonder how much traffic it would really generate. Vortex is huge and obviously that one stays busy enough, but specific forums like GolfAlltrack.org see little traffic (nobody has posted in a month).

Us Weird Wagoneers either have to play nice with the Hatchies, or go sit in the Vortex corner.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Yes, but that is mainly engine related, not a lot of suspension or styling, etc which is unique to the wago(e)n..
Just start posting away in that section and you will see a lot of people in your same boat.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
Fellow wagen weirdo here... I get by fine without a subforum but I do enjoy the tex from time to time for specific wagon related stuff. Vibe is definitely better here though.

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion
Maybe we could do a wagon/alltrack 'roll call' thread, would make it easier to find build threads, wagon threads, etc. Without having a dedicated section

VdubAlltrack

Go Kart Newbie
If we can't have a sub forum how about making this a wagon thread?
Now a pic thread!! Post them up!
19 Alltrack S 6mt
OEM window shades
OEM rear mud guards
JB4
AFE dry filter
Neuspeed rse10 18x8.5 hyper black
Bridgestone Potenza re97 235/45
20200523_185216_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Fellow wagen weirdo here... I get by fine without a subforum but I do enjoy the tex from time to time for specific wagon related stuff. Vibe is definitely better here though.

Since there's a separate 'R' forum, which has way more in common with a standard Golf, and GTI, it just makes sense to have a separate Sportwagen/Alltrack forum.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just change the name of this thread and make it the Sportwagen/Alltrack thread. I think it's a good idea.

Dameon

Go Kart Champion
508F397C-5B3F-4D12-8EB9-D279AF1FFD59.jpeg

redheaded step child of the wagons. 2015 tdi S dsg. Neuspeed springs. Koni adjustables. Neuspeed torsion bar. Indi 500s on spraypainted talladegas. Intake hack. Ares skid plate.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I don't drive a wagon, although I would buy one with the deals going on right now if it would fit in my garage... but I drive a Golf TDI S... thoughts on the torsion bar? I've seen it on sale a few times and keep telling myself to just get it. And away from the performance part, does it reduce ground clearance much?

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
I like the idea, our cars are a little different than the standard golf, and parts etc that match up with the golf R variant from across the pond, and who the heck doesn't love a nice looking wagen? I feel grateful for a 6 speed manual 4 motion wagen😁👍🏻

Attachments

• C19201E2-F04F-4AC1-8483-A7DA8D51EE35.jpeg
    C19201E2-F04F-4AC1-8483-A7DA8D51EE35.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 234

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Im definitely down with it! I'm detailing my car with all my new chemical guys stuff tomorrow for the first time since getting it ceramic coated, will be taking pics with my gf's camera and posting after :)