GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do it all Sportwagen - street/hoon/track/drag you name it....this is the way...

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT
Here is my install write up - hope it helps:

Thanks, very detailed and comprehensive, as per your usual- you are a huge resource!
Really like the color temp and match with fogs in white.

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
APR coil packs.

20200505_142044.jpg

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Why did you go with these over the RS3 coils?
I had the RS3, no issues, but these per APR's testing show better power so it was a COVID-19/why not purchase.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Homelink self-dimming compass mirror engage! Picked it up used by luck on the GSW/AT Facebook buy/sell group. Really slick - I really missed a self-dimming mirror especially with all the CUVs/SUVs on the road and me sitting lower to the group. Being able to remove my ugly garage door remote is also a plus. Compass is also a nice touch to finish it off. Install was straightforward but truth be told I broke my @#$# light switch removing it for whatever reason my brain wasn't there that morning....replacement en-route from shopdap.

rear_view_mirror.jpg

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Decided to replace the more flimsy aluminum 034 lower dogbone mount insert with the steel APR unit - probably makes zero difference but why not. the 034 insert was bent slightly on the thinner side but still came out easily. The weight difference between the two is substantial.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Just a few other updates. Next up - H&R 25mm rear sway bar and Moog end links to see how much this changes things in the back vs. the R RSB I have now. Should get it in next week. I have the Golf R rear lower valence/diffuser on the way from e-acca and the Ebay dual tips sitting in the garage waiting. I decided to pick up a Neuspeed P-Flo intake while they had a sale to appease my children's desire for more noise in "the power wagon"...hahaha...we will see how I like it. I'm going to keep my stock modified setup and can always swap the P-Flo in/out as it's a super easy install. Finally, just waiting for the next Unitronic sale to go so I can pick up an intercooler for summer to combat the heat soak. Lots going on!

Royalion

Ready to race!
Decided to replace the more flimsy aluminum 034 lower dogbone mount insert with the steel APR unit - probably makes zero difference but why not. the 034 insert was bent slightly on the thinner side but still came out easily. The weight difference between the two is substantial.
NVH the same?

tigeo

Autocross Champion

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Hi Tigeo i am really wanting to do this upgrade, do you by chance have the exact part numbers i would need to do this since I have the same 2018 S model. Thank you and the car is looking great!
Homelink self-dimming compass mirror engage! Picked it up used by luck on the GSW/AT Facebook buy/sell group. Really slick - I really missed a self-dimming mirror especially with all the CUVs/SUVs on the road and me sitting lower to the group. Being able to remove my ugly garage door remote is also a plus. Compass is also a nice touch to finish it off. Install was straightforward but truth be told I broke my @#$# light switch removing it for whatever reason my brain wasn't there that morning....replacement en-route from shopdap.

View attachment 174356

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Funny man. I also did the auto dimming mirror today in my wife’s car! R RSB went in yesterday.

I ordered Moog endlinks from rockauto but they thread pitch was wrong so I just stuck with stock. Not sure where/how I went wrong on the endlinks... any pointers?
Confused on the end links. How would the thread pitch be an issue? There is one Moog part of all of the MK7 Golf vehicles I believe - should just have a pass-through for the lower bolt and the upper where it attaches to the bar should be a bolt/nut that you just screw to it (and they should come with all the hardware so you don't try to mate the nut from the old one to the bolt on the new one)?

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion