GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone had their clutch replaced in Austin?

spessx

Ready to race!
I have a 16 Golf R and would like to upgrade my clutch and retain the DMF. Can anyone recommend a shop?

So far I've only checked with Brink and the VW Dealer. Any other suggestions?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Haven't had clutch work....yet, but Brink is good. Not sure exactly what you're looking for. Better pricing or confirmation of experiences with clutch work. If first, Brink isn't the cheapest. They're about in the middle. Maybe just below or close to dealer pricing. But there's something to be said for trusting a shop and I definitely do with Mike. Otherwise find a mechanic that'll do it on the side. If 2nd, maybe someone else that has had that done can respond.

Grey Ghost

Ready to race!
BD Tuning just north of Cedar Park does great work and specialize in VW-Audi. Hit up Mike at BD to get an idea of who is going to get it done for you

spessx

Ready to race!
Thanks for the response. I've heard good things about Brink but the dealership was actually cheaper and their service has been outstanding over the last 10 years of VW ownership. Ideally, I'd like to find someplace that is less expensive. I'll check out BD Tuning.

tehMoose

Car(s)
MKVII GTI SE
if you decide you want to do the work yourself, let me know I'm down to help wrench, and could even host a wrenching party. An upgraded clutch is probably in my near future, and I wouldn't mind doing the work myself and save the 1200-1400 I've heard quoted.