GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Finished painting the center caps for my APR wheels. Satin black seems like the best route to go rather than trying to color match the custom frosted satin bronze wheel color. Also installed all of the interior Badgeskins that have been laying around all winter. Did the carbon fiber steering wheel inlay, carbon fiber passenger airbag delete, carbon fiber cluster trim, red lettering for the GTI steering wheel badge, red steering wheel stripe and red inlays for the pedals.

View attachment 171889
View attachment 171890
View attachment 171891
View attachment 171892
View attachment 171893
Those center caps look great. I think I might borrow that idea

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Installed “GlassParency” windshield coating. Pretty easy process to put on; it’s essentially a super wax that helps to repel dirt, bugs, etc. VinWiki was giving away a code for the kits for 10 bucks.
I got a free kit 2 years ago and haven't applied it yet. Mustangkyle on Instagram had a sponsorship going on. I've been hesitant to apply it cuz they always stress it needs to be professionally applied but I figured that was bs. Plan on doing it soon

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Remembered how fun it can be. I've had the OEM wheels on it for a week or so after lowering it and forgot how much of a difference lightweight wheels make.

I got my PS4S mounted, alignment, and Centric Posiquiet pads. These tires are insane. Seemed like everyone in my neighborhood was walking today since it was beautiful outside and they were all walking off the road to avoid being splattered by the pebbles I was throwing off my mudflaps lol. I can't make them spin with Uni stage 1+ (haven't tried a launch yet) and they feel amazing laterally, very quiet. I took it for a nice cruise duwn the highway and then took the twisties back back. Could not be happier.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200502-205502_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200502-205502_Video Player.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 20200502_152306.jpg
    20200502_152306.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 197
Last edited:

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I got a free kit 2 years ago and haven't applied it yet. Mustangkyle on Instagram had a sponsorship going on. I've been hesitant to apply it cuz they always stress it needs to be professionally applied but I figured that was bs. Plan on doing it soon
Maybe there’s a different professional product, but this is easy to use and forgiving. The packages and labeled step A & B and I think there’s a video guide on their site.

Vobs56

Ready to race!
Those center caps look great. I think I might borrow that idea

Yeah, it laid down pretty well. Sanded them down, then about 3 coats of SEM Self-Etching Primer, then about 4-5 coats of Rust-Oleum Matte Black Enamel Spray paint.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Maybe there’s a different professional product, but this is easy to use and forgiving. The packages and labeled step A & B and I think there’s a video guide on their site.
Sounds like the same thing I have. Scrubbing pad, cleaning wipes, product A and B. They may have realized that strongly encouraging car guys to "be forced" to pay someone to apply something as simple as rain repellant wasn't their best marketing tactic

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Threw my Nittos back on that are mounted on Will's ^ old Austins. Ahh, nice to be back on summers.
I think you meant Asstins

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Got bored and added some stickers. Good for at least 5hp each.

Also got a bfi shift knob the other day. Took a cheap Ali Express stock shifter and dissected it to use for the diner. Wanted to keep the original one intact to go back to one day.

Also added some led strip footwell lights to the front. Didn't grab a pick as you cant really see it in the day time. I'll add some pics tonight.

Attachments

• 20200503_134335.jpg
    20200503_134335.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 140
  • 20200503_134347.jpg
    20200503_134347.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 149
  • 20200503_134147.jpg
    20200503_134147.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 128
  • 20200503_134218.jpg
    20200503_134218.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 125
  • 20200502_170751.jpg
    20200502_170751.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 129

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
was this first available?

When I checked last week the first available was May 18th but I couldn't do it then. But I was only inquiring about availability on Mondays because I have Monday off. There could be earlier dates available if you're not picky about the date.

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
“Maintenance” wash today. Long overdue hence the “”. With moving house and all the construction dirt in the air around here I kept putting it off. Hope to stay on top of it now and do a full clean along with other treatment soon after I clear the garage. C5 for the wheels is primed and ready.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Not today, but yesterday, drove it to Lime Creek Road which is Austin's mini Tail of the Dragon . Actually not even close, but one of the few good driving roads here.

There was traffic ahead of me so pulled over for a bit to get some space. Waited about a minute and a newish M5 screamed past. So I pulled out and an Altima came after. I guess he was trying to keep up. We quickly caught up to the car that was slowing me down, but they pulled off and the M5 took off. I was actually able to tail the M5 the whole way. On the straights, he would pull ahead and on corners, would be almost on his bumper.

Funny but sad thing is Altima was trying to keep up and at one point early on, I looked in rearview and he just about lost it on one of the curves. Don't know what he was thinking. Didn't see him after that til I stopped at the end of the road.

Wish I had a GoPro.

Truly one of the most fun drives I've had in a while.

Here's a video, NOT MINE, of the road.