GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Navigation Maps updated to 2019/20 and performance monitor enabled on my 2015 TDI S (previously retrofitted MIB 2 with Nav, was on 2017/18 maps). Also coded out parking (side marker) lights, no more soft error codes with my Osram headlights.
IMG_20200430_065504.jpgIMG_20200428_234851.jpgIMG_20200430_020725.jpg

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Had to go to the office today to teach a training class so I finally got a reason to take it for a good long test drive after installing Eibach pro kit springs. No clunks or anything and the car feels great even before an alignment (I am on my OEM wheels and tires right now which are garbage already). I honestly think the ride quality is better than stock and small bumps feel less "bumpy" and jarring. I am very happy with the way it drives. I hear a little more road noise than before but I'm not sure if its from the tires or as a result of the springs. I have my alignment and getting my PS4S's mounted on Saturday, cant wait to get my FC04's back on and get the fitment looking nice again. OEM wheels are just too tucked and look awkward

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
Drilled and safety wired the flanged nut that secures the shifter lever. I had installed this nice APR kit a few years ago and everything was torqued to spec.😬

20200430_150738.jpg

MF ain't gonna come loose again.;)

Fortunately I was pulling into my driveway when I quickly found I no longer had any gear selection.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Drilled and safety wired the flanged nut that secures the shifter lever. I had installed this nice APR kit a few years ago and everything was torqued to spec.😬

View attachment 171703

Fortunately I was pulling into my driveway when I quickly found I no longer had any gear selection.
When I replaced my clutch I noticed that nut was finger loose. Luckily it was still there, but definitely unsettling! I also had it torqued to spec...

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

View attachment 171703

That looks like a professional job. You must have some fabrication or machining experience?

Last edited:

IES99

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I took it for a ride because it had been sitting in the garage unused for a week due to the COVID quarantine. I went for a long enough ride to get the oil temperature to 215.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
In case you were wondering, this is what 245/35r19 General GMAX-RS looks like on a 19x8 ET49 w/ 12mm spacers in the front and 15mm in the rear while being lowered on DG springs. Looks great. Rubs in the front and rubs in the back though. Going to order some 10mm to put in the front and 12mm to put in the rear and see how it goes. Might end up needing to do 10mm rear and 5 or 8mm front. Anyone have a stud conversion set and lug nuts they recommend?
167BB9C2-3795-433B-93F7-C209A0EC13CC.jpeg
600CB9B0-EC40-4B07-94E6-CC049958BA00.jpeg