GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To Hi-HP MPI CARS! ~ PSA

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
I am amazed. I still haven't installed mine and I'm unsure if I want to.

This is exactly why I am taking the jump from ST2 to MPI and E85 very cautiously and doing so slowly. While there are no guarantees, but reading up plenty, sticking to tried and true install methods and hopefully quality products. Not to mention I have been working on ironing out absolutely every issue with my car before I start throwing unintended hardware into the mix and open myself up to much more complex issues with limited real support.

I do have to give props to PR though. I've talked to them plenty of times with still theoretical install questions (my tuner is 4 hrs away and I am doing the install myself) and they have been plenty helpful to advise me, even if I have yet to install a single bolt of my KIT.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
MPI Install is not bad really if you have quality parts. Triple check everything is correct before you install and end of like me wasting 20 hours on chasing mechanical issues because CTS QC is garbage.

Make sure your crimps are correct and look good as well. Everything else aint bad at all. Take your time modifying manifold or just buy euro one and make it easy.

This explains why I thought my EURO manifold was the incorrect one. The injectors didn't seem to wanna seat all the way down without running em with no security clips. Now I know why.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Well shit. They are the 1300cc injectors. They must've got em mixed up. But the bad news is tuner says that doesn't even matter. The scaling isn't an issue as he goes by logs not CC.

Back to square 1, ordering PR injectors?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Well shit. They are the 1300cc injectors. They must've got em mixed up. But the bad news is tuner says that doesn't even matter. The scaling isn't an issue as he goes by logs not CC.

Back to square 1, ordering PR injectors?

Good decision.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I am lost in a world of misinformation.

Talked to a few big power mqb engine builders today. Countless people have ran these and the 040 injectors with zero issue making as much if not more power than I am. PR claims one thing, others claim another about spray pattern at this point not sure what else to try.

1) New plugs to replace the new plugs.. lol

2) Drive an hour up state to try whole different supplier of E and test as well

3) Put the new 980cc 040 injectors in and see if issue persists (1300s are overkill anyway)

4) Test grounds on coils

If 1-4 doesn't solve probably gonna see a MASSIVE part out soon lol

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I will compare the 980 and 1300s bosch performance and update here. The 1300s are actually where the company takes a -870cc injector and modifies the internals.

I spent an hour going through every log since dbv2 was on the car. If I actually look closely at what was perceived as running fine, it really wasn't. It has always knocked at 10*, albeit a LOT less when e60 was on the car.

HmmMM maybe I smell some bad eeeee. This would be a first for me. I have been mixing ethanol for years using the same station on 2 different cars and 4 different turbos. I even test vial it every month to prevent crap like this so this would be a first! But then again these aren't normal times right now so I get it

Last edited:

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Personally bad gas is one of the first things I would have accounted for after making sure all my connections are good just because it requires less work. Interested to find out the end resolution to this saga.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Personally bad gas is one of the first things I would have accounted for after making sure all my connections are good just because it requires less work. Interested to find out the end resolution to this saga.

Well I tested it. It tested at e80. But I didn't know that that doesn't mean the octane is good? Is that right?

Tonight I swapped the 1300s all to different spots. One thing that sucks is that CTS fitment is so off on the rail that when I run the security clips the injectors can not fully seat down into the manifold. They're basically barely in lol. I ran them without clips for a few days while diagnosing and they nearly were at the bottom of the rail feed :O Doesn't mean they would've went further though so may have to go back to running it that way if tonight makes the issue way worse.

I went to drive to a new E supplier then realized at the last minute I missed their closing by 5 min :( due to corona. Seriously can't catch a break here and theres soo many potential races here tonight. Ima just limp around and watch I guess Im not gonna risk it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Well I tested it. It tested at e80. But I didn't know that that doesn't mean the octane is good? Is that right?

Tonight I swapped the 1300s all to different spots. One thing that sucks is that CTS fitment is so off on the rail that when I run the security clips the injectors can not fully seat down into the manifold. They're basically barely in lol. I ran them without clips for a few days while diagnosing and they nearly were at the bottom of the rail feed :O Doesn't mean they would've went further though so may have to go back to running it that way if tonight makes the issue way worse.

I went to drive to a new E supplier then realized at the last minute I missed their closing by 5 min :( due to corona. Seriously can't catch a break here and theres soo many potential races here tonight. Ima just limp around and watch I guess Im not gonna risk it.

I can't imagine the frustration. As hard as it would be I think that you should take a few days off to clear your mind if that's possible. Don't part out because you'll conquer this and you're in too deep.