GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Flat black mirror caps?

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Anyone ever seen any flat black mirror caps? Or caps with the same texture as the OEM front lip, rear "diffuser" and side bottom trim? I want some black caps but think that would look better than gloss black (on a Tornado Red car).

guitargator6

Ready to race!
Anyone ever seen any flat black mirror caps? Or caps with the same texture as the OEM front lip, rear "diffuser" and side bottom trim? I want some black caps but think that would look better than gloss black (on a Tornado Red car).

Haven't seen it myself, but vinyl wrap or plastidip would be a good way to try it out

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I'd just get some of the ebay gloss black, wet sand to knock the gloss down, then reapply a uv stable polyurethane matte clear. Should look good, if you have other matte/semi-matte bits to compliment.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
The TCR GTI comes with flat/matte black mirror caps. I've been on the quest for part numbers with no luck...

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
I swear I've asked a ton of times when I see pics of the TCR caps and everyone always claimed they were the same glossy ones that have been available. Thanks for those pics!! Clearest pics yet to show they are matte/flat.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
It just seems extremely cost effective to 3m vinyl wrap the oem ones, or the cheap gloss black knockoffs.

I installed gloss black on my car, and I was very surprised at how good the knockoff quality was. Wrapping would be very easy and produce a clean finished product.

Last edited:

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
I swear I've asked a ton of times when I see pics of the TCR caps and everyone always claimed they were the same glossy ones that have been available. Thanks for those pics!! Clearest pics yet to show they are matte/flat.

Indeed man... I am a sucker for OEM stuff. I need to track these down.